Nexus 4 Issues: Are they sorted out?

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
It's not software, that just doesn't make sense. Many claim not to have it. By shaking do you mean rattle? They all have that... Unglittery back? Weird...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

It has to do with the interactions between the cell radio and the earpiece speaker. This is my hypothesis because the earpiece background noises are different when making a call over the cell network and making a call over Wifi via Groove IP.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
It has to do with the interactions between the cell radio and the earpiece speaker. This is my hypothesis because the earpiece background noises are different when making a call over the cell network and making a call over Wifi via Groove IP.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

I always thought it had something to do with the auto focus which is also the culprit of the rattle...

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It's not software, that just doesn't make sense. Many claim not to have it. By shaking do you mean rattle? They all have that... Unglittery back? Weird...

talking about the buzzing in the earpiece. The unglittery back is called a "hoax" even though it is 100% real. My Nexus 4 just gets unglittery in the back mysteriously at time. Today i took my case off and it was mute but two days ago it was dazzling (kind of not really, just more glittery than now) and yeah rattle i guess. Meant you get a rattle when shaking XD

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
talking about the buzzing in the earpiece. The unglittery back is called a "hoax" even though it is 100% real. My Nexus 4 just gets unglittery in the back mysteriously at time. Today i took my case off and it was mute but two days ago it was dazzling (kind of not really, just more glittery than now) and yeah rattle i guess. Meant you get a rattle when shaking XD

Rattle is on all of them... Not just a Nexus thing, it's been reported on iphone too. The glittering only happens in the right lighting...

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Rattle is on all of them... Not just a Nexus thing, it's been reported on iphone too. The glittering only happens in the right lighting...

Like i repeated in my post that i did so very long ago it never glittered. When i face it directly and see the reflection of the light i only the reflection of the window or the light bulb. I do the exact same thing every time and i get different results

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
hey if you really are having a replacement sent to you, take a pic of both side by side and post it so we can see the diff. would be interesting to see it be real/noticeable.

Like i repeated in my post that i did so very long ago it never glittered. When i face it directly and see the reflection of the light i only the reflection of the window or the light bulb. I do the exact same thing every time and i get different results

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
hey if you really are having a replacement sent to you, take a pic of both side by side and post it so we can see the diff. would be interesting to see it be real/noticeable.

for the glitter? K. Haven't gotten a shipping confirmation and if i don't get it by next monday i'll be shipping it, sorry :/
If i do it any later they won't recieve by 21st day and charge me and the sihpping label will expire
i'll just take a picture of the non glittery one on a different day but i'll try to keep everyhting the same

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
what are you getting? im getting ~3 hours of on screen time

I get about 2.5 hour screen time by the time it goes completely dead. When I go to sleep at night with 100% battery, I wake up 8 hours later with 87% battery or something without it doing anything. The reception bar as full 4 bars, so it doesn't look like it has trouble establishing a connection. But as soon as I use the phone, the battery starts dropping fast.

I tried wiping the phone and didn't install a single app to see the battery, and it was around the same. I think the battery life of the phone is just normal, but for me personally, it's on the low side.

I absolutely love the phone - this is the one issue that has me keeping an eye out on an alternative phone.

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I get about 2.5 hour screen time by the time it goes completely dead. When I go to sleep at night with 100% battery, I wake up 8 hours later with 87% battery or something without it doing anything. The reception bar as full 4 bars, so it doesn't look like it has trouble establishing a connection. But as soon as I use the phone, the battery starts dropping fast.

I tried wiping the phone and didn't install a single app to see the battery, and it was around the same. I think the battery life of the phone is just normal, but for me personally, it's on the low side.

I absolutely love the phone - this is the one issue that has me keeping an eye out on an alternative phone.

hmm i usually get a little over 3 but ive gotten ~3.75 hours before as well. im going to try juice defender and see if that helps

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Trust me, I am following the Nexus 4 and it has been one of the worst quality build in a phone in a long time, they have used cheap ass parts, they haven't did thorough quality assurance testing, they don't calibrate their screens, overall this is a cheap ass phone, you get what you paid for, expecting top notch high end specs on a cheap phone, you get the specs but everything is cheap cheap quality you would expect from a cheap knock off phone from China cheap, you know those phones, their the ones that last about 6 months and stop working cheap.

Problems you can expect from a shotty maker such as LG, it is ok to have 1-2 problem from a good manufacturer, but I have counted 20+ problems when this first came out from LG.

Do not let nobody here bullsh*t you, this is a junk phone made from a popular manufacturer that tends to make decent quality sometimes look at the LG Optimus G very good, but they left all of that out on the Nexus 4.

Last edited:

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Trust me, I am following the Nexus 4 and it has been one of the worst quality build in a phone in a long time, they have used cheap ass parts, they haven't did thorough quality assurance testing, they don't calibrate their screens, overall this is a cheap ass phone, you get what you paid for, expecting top notch high end specs on a cheap phone, you get the specs but everything is cheap cheap quality you would expect from a cheap knock off phone from China cheap, you know those phones, their the ones that last about 6 months and stop working cheap.

Problems you can expect from a shotty maker such as LG, it is ok to have 1-2 problem from a good manufacturer, but I have counted 20+ problems when this first came out from LG.

Do not let nobody here bullsh*t you, this is a junk phone made from a popular manufacturer that tends to make decent quality sometimes look at the LG Optimus G very good, but they left all of that out on the Nexus 4.

... Uhhh... So much wrong here....

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

you really spend a long time insulting this phone dont you. Not even going to reas it

Sent from my Nexus 4

Bar81

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site

You are welcome:

Controlling Anger -- Before It Controls You