These are horrible speeds, yes?

AuntieJimbo

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I just did the speed test. Turns out I have no data speed. This is in my house, WiFi turned off. At&t network, and I'm in an LTE area. This is why I should change the APN settings, yes?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-01-04-12-36-11.png
    Screenshot_2013-01-04-12-36-11.png
    95.1 KB · Views: 27

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Terrible speeds, yes, but also being in an LTE area is meaningless as the Nexus 4 is not an LTE-capable device.

I just did the speed test. Turns out I have no data speed. This is in my house, WiFi turned off. At&t network, and I'm in an LTE area. This is why I should change the APN settings, yes?

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
You need to set up the correct APN settings for AT&T network or you will get slow data speeds. You also need to make sure they put you on the right data plan for 4G phones.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

AuntieJimbo

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Flipflapping screenshot isn't cooperating. I used the Spedtest.net app, and here's what I've got:
ping: 1178ms
Upload: 787kbps
Download: 7kbps
I used my abacus to add this all up, and it equals super slow.
The plan we have is provisioned for 4g phones. My husband (who is awesome but not a phone wiz) suggested I call AT&T and ask them to provision it for LTE. But isn't that what I'd be doing myself with the APN settings other people have shared?

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
That thing might be doing something wrong, i've heard there are some applications and things that aren't set for the Nexus 4 yet but work on other devices. Try speedtest.net app like everyone else said, i've gotten solid scores on there but they still arent as accurate as the actual i think (compared to my computer)

SOLGarion

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Flipflapping screenshot isn't cooperating. I used the Spedtest.net app, and here's what I've got:
The plan we have is provisioned for 4g phones. My husband (who is awesome but not a phone wiz) suggested I call AT&T and ask them to provision it for LTE. But isn't that what I'd be doing myself with the APN settings other people have shared?

Use these APN settings

APN: phone
mmsc: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
mms proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
MMS port: 80
MCC:310
MNC:410
APN type: default,supl,mms,hipri

The LTE band (4) the Nexus uses doesn't work in the US, it is HSPA+ that you need to be asking about, which is either 3G or 4G depending in who you ask or where you are. In AT&T it seems normal should be around 5-12 MB down. Try this APN with speeds test app and report back.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

so you haven't called ATT yet? they will ask your imei id to do something so that everything will work fine.

I did it when i switched to N4

brett_f

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site

If your data plan is the correct one to include HSPA+ speed, try setting your APN to the following settings: This is working great for me.

APN: phone
mmsc: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
mms proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
MMS port: 80
MCC:310
MNC:410
APN type: default,supl,mms,hipri

AuntieJimbo

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I plugged in the settings you provided (thank you!) and here's what I got:
ping: 352 ms
download: network communication errors, try again. Crappit.
upload:

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, we're off to see The Hobbit. When I get back I'm going to read every post in the other threads about AT&T and this phone, and get everything straightened.
You guys are so generous with your time and help, and I really appreciate it!

SOLGarion

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
And make sure you start as a new APN instead of modifying your current one. Leave all other options blank.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie