This prompt made me furious

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
so your basically rooted but not going to mess with the kernal or ROM?
I root just for Titanium backup and a few other programs. It's really easy using the N4 toolkit. There is no risk. The Nexus 4 is pretty much unbrickable.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

quamdar

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
So does this come up for every text after 100 even if you click "allow" or is it just when you reach 100? Seems odd that it wouldn't reset the 100 or something after that.

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
So does this come up for every text after 100 even if you click "allow" or is it just when you reach 100? Seems odd that it wouldn't reset the 100 or something after that.

Not every text after 100, it seems intermittent but is often enough to be annoying... It'll pop up on nearly every text for a bit, then back off, then it'll return again. A reset does seem to make sense, but once you've hit 100 that's it. There have been some good workaround suggestions earlier on in the thread tho, like texting apps. I just prefer the native texting program if I had my druthers. Maybe they'll tweak it a little in the next update.

Jake4hsh

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
If you exceed the 100 text limit, will messages sent after that just not get sent at all? I messaged a group of my clients (about 84) and after receiving this prompt, many of my clients did not get the message I sent out. any apps recommended that can send texts via Wifi that will still show up with my current phone number?

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
100 texts an hour is low to you???

Yes it is low, I text quite a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

If you exceed the 100 text limit, will messages sent after that just not get sent at all? I messaged a group of my clients (about 84) and after receiving this prompt, many of my clients did not get the message I sent out. any apps recommended that can send texts via Wifi that will still show up with my current phone number?
No they do get sent out if you press allow.

johnblack12

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
There's an app on Google Play that can disable it or even allow you to change the limit to something like 1,000 or 2,000 messages per hour, it's called SMS Limit Unlock. If your device has root you can easily remove the notification for good.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
in the USA every one texts via SMS. in other countries where they do not have unlimited text message packages as standard, every one is compelled to use apps like whatsapp so they do not have to pay per text.

You are aware of the concept of pre paid plans right? 1 year ago I would get 2500 texts a month on prepaid(with data and voice also included)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
popipro