Accidentally Deleted my Voicemail Number......

RangerJP007

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,

I just got a Nexus 4 and activated it with a Straighttalk (at&t) SIMS card. I have been using Straighttalk for a while now and simply moved my cell # to this phone. I love the Nexus 4 so far although while I did something pretty silly.... I was messing around with the voicemail settings I accidentally deleted the Voicemail Number that was on the phone.

Now whenever I try to call my phone a voice message comes up which says "Sorry the person you have called does not have voice box set up ect...." Mind you that I did have a voicemail box set-up before I deleted this voicemail number on the phone. I have tried to replace the "Voicemail #" with my own cell phone number but that does not help. Also I have tried just holding down the number 1 but that same message comes up. When I call *86 it says "message cannot be completed as dialed".....

IS THERE ANYWAY TO FIND OUT WHAT MY VOICEMAIL NUMBER IS?

Any information or suggestions would be HUGELY appreciated... I spent three very frustrating hours talking to some guy from straight talk about this issue without any progress.

Thanks!
Josh

kmcochran

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I would call Straight Talk back and tell them to reset your voicemail. I had a problem where I initially had ST voicemail, then switched to Google Voice, and then I had a test message in my ST voicemail and I couldn't get the message icon off of my phone and I couldn't get to the ST voicemail to clear it out. The first time I called, the guy said he reset my vm, but the icon never cleared. I called again the next day and spoke with someone else and they successfully reset my voicemail and the icon cleared. I would just call them back again, tell them to reset your voicemail and then afterward reboot your phone and try again. Or just get a Google Voice number and use that as your voicemail. At least you get visual voicemail and transcription with Google Voice.

RangerJP007

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the messages! Well I contacted Straight Again through chat and this time was able to get someone who actually had a clue what I was talking about and simple gave me a another voicemail # so I could reset my voicemail box. I will probably get Google voice in the future, right now I am just trying to make my way around the learning curve of this phone - it is my first smartphone ever lol :) Thanks again!

harry0harrison

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
i'm having the same problem. I've called straight talk four times and every time they tell me they've reset the voicemail number, but it doesn't work. How did you explain it to them so they could resolve it properly?