N4 camera not taking pictures.

danielcj

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
This is the second time this has happened. I have the camera on and I'm trying to focus on several subjects and when I go to click the photo it just doesn't take them. So so frustrating. If I e it out of the app and come back in it doesn't work. If I switch to video and then back to camera it works. So strange. Never the less its a lame bug to have on your phone when you are trying to catch a moment.

Anybody else experienced this?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Basscase

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Yup, it's happened to me too. I'll forever miss the hardware shutter button on the MT4G.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

xstinkyx

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Yup, it's happened to me too. I'll forever miss the hardware shutter button on the MT4G.

Try using Camera Zoom app. WIth that I use my Vol Up button as the shutter button. Much nicer than the frustrating touch shutter button (which is too close to the home button).

danielcj

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Nothing posted on these forums are the end of the world...

WOP_Drive

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
Yep just happened to me the first time today. I brought the camera up, pressed the shutter button and... nothing. I noticed that it wasn't doing its usual focusing thing as well. Solution: I turned the phone off then back on.
Agreed, not the end of the world ;) Just thought I'd document here though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

IMRRK

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
It happened to me yesterday several times, and the fix was to restart the camera app. But this is not the solution, this a bug in the camera app which google needs to fix possibly in the next software update

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
It happened to me yesterday several times, and the fix was to restart the camera app. But this is not the solution, this a bug in the camera app which google needs to fix possibly in the next software update

It's definitely a bug, has happened to me several times where the camera just won't take a picture. Have to kill the app totally to get it working again. Very annoying especially if you're trying to catch a picture of your kid acting all cute and you miss the moment.

danielcj

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's definitely a bug, has happened to me several times where the camera just won't take a picture. Have to kill the app totally to get it working again. Very annoying especially if you're trying to catch a picture of your kid acting all cute and you miss the moment.

Exactly this was my main frustration with the camera failing. Not the end of the world but definitely worth a fix.

valpd

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue, but another issue I'm having is the led flash not wanting to turn off at the same time the camera app doesn't want to take a pic. Anyone else?

pugnuttt

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
This is really the only complaint I have with this phone. The camera sucks! I had an htc sensation before this and it took way better pictures(same megapixels).

sam59

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
think the camera's pretty awful. Very slow shutter and won't focus easily on auto focus, which is possibly why your photos aren't being 'taken'. I find the camera terrible in low light or with flash too. Just ok outside in decent light for doing snap shots, but still a bit hit and miss. From what I can see, it's inferior to more expensive competitors' phone cameras. Perhaps they used a cheaper sensor ?

strider2

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
it happened to me yesterday for the 1st time. camera was not taking a picture and the flash was continously ON.
I had to stop the app, reboot the phone to close the flash.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca