Looking for an upgrade ...is NeXus 4 the ONE?

X 0 N 0 D E

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey all...

I am on RaZr right now. Fantastic battery life, very very smooth with JB. My birthday is on the 23rd. I was thinking I wanted to get a new phone. May be not on the 23rd but a while later. I was following the NeXus 4 forums a while back and I saw there were several issues. The back could crack easily or the screen was weak. Some sort of rattling sound too was emitted from the device. However I wanted to know how is it now? Do the units still have issues??

Also, I am looking for an upgrade from my current RaZr. I want a bigger screen, better GPU, and all of that. My options are either the neXus 4 or the Lumia 820.

Also,vi live in India, so I plan to get it from US...is it a good idea to get it from there?? Thanks...

Alexg314

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
If you want a major upgrade, I'd personally go with the Nexus 4. it all depends on personal preference in the end though

X 0 N 0 D E

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
If you want a major upgrade, I'd personally go with the Nexus 4. it all depends on personal preference in the end though

Absolutely it does. I only use a phone for reading. Articles, tech sites, and even books to an extent. Browsing a lot.

Music is the second greatest reason I want a new phone for.

And of course, what'sApp and calls.

Sent from my DROID RAZR on JB.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
For me, it's the best phone I've owned. If I were looking for a new device today, it's the only one I would consider. It's extremely fast, has a beautiful screen and great battery life.

X 0 N 0 D E

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
For me, it's the best phone I've owned. If I were looking for a new device today, it's the only one I would consider. It's extremely fast, has a beautiful screen and great battery life.

Cool. I am on JB right now on my RaZr and believe me, I am reconsidering Android only because of JB. And that too only a neXus device. JB is just pure awesome...

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. Would u mind telling me why it isn't a great upgrade?

In a slightly less sarcastic note, the fact that CES is coming up and the N4's lack of LTE connectivity should warrant one to wait and see what's next. Personally, my favorite device is the One X+ and Droid DNA. I just hate Sense, and the Nexus is unbeatable on price.

X 0 N 0 D E

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
In a slightly less sarcastic note, the fact that CES is coming up and the N4's lack of LTE connectivity should warrant one to wait and see what's next. Personally, my favorite device is the One X+ and Droid DNA. I just hate Sense, and the Nexus is unbeatable on price.

Lol. I guessed as much u were sarcastic..but its cool...I too was looking at DNA but Sense is getting a bit too much after using CM10 U know...I like the pure Android feel on it...820 isn't wort it right? Bad resolution TBH...

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
This is a good upgrade but if u want the best this probably isnt it. This is the best bang for your buck though

Sent from my Nexus 4

macguy59

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
If you can live with HSPA+ and less battery time, the Nexus 4 would be a heck of an upgrade. Very nice 4.7" retina display. Disregard the benchmarks you see. The Nexus 4 is the fastest Android phone I've ever used. The Lumia 820 would a be a step backward (in terms of hardware). Low res screen on the 820 is a deal breaker IMO. That said Windows Phone 8 is a very slick OS. I had a Nokia 920 for awhile. Absolutely loved the OS but the phone was heavy and awkward to hold.

X 0 N 0 D E

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
If you can live with HSPA+ and less battery time, the Nexus 4 would be a heck of an upgrade. Very nice 4.7" retina display. Disregard the benchmarks you see. The Nexus 4 is the fastest Android phone I've ever used. The Lumia 820 would a be a step backward (in terms of hardware). Low res screen on the 820 is a deal breaker IMO. That said Windows Phone 8 is a very slick OS. I had a Nokia 920 for awhile. Absolutely loved the OS but the phone was heavy and awkward to hold.

Ya but I don't know. I was sold on the WP but something, Jelly Bean to be honest, brought me back to Android..I have it on my RaZr and believe me, this is best thing t have happened to my phone yet.

On the neXus 4, the only worry I have is hardware. I have read and heard countless people talking about cracks, scratches, buzzing, rattling and what not on the phone...

no it's not Neo is the ONE but the Nexus 4 is a great phone

Haha..oops..forgot. But neXus4 is good too right?

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Your best bet on a good phone is to wait a little longer, CES is next week and is about to explode with much better mobile devices, this phone is cheap, because it is cheap, many problems, personally I love to bash the hell out of this phone now, because it pisses the Nexus 4 Fanboys off, but truthfully, I was looking forward to it but it proves to still be problematic, many issues are not being addressed and the people you are going to hear good things from are the people that got a decent one, ask the poor souls who had to return not 1 but 2 or 3 of these phones back before they got one that was working correctly.

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Your best bet on a good phone is to wait a little longer, CES is next week and is about to explode with much better mobile devices, this phone is cheap, because it is cheap, many problems, personally I love to bash the hell out of this phone now, because it pisses the Nexus 4 Fanboys off, but truthfully, I was looking forward to it but it proves to still be problematic, many issues are not being addressed and the people you are going to hear good things from are the people that got a decent one, ask the poor souls who had to return not 1 but 2 or 3 of these phones back before they got one that was working correctly.

You mad bro? :p

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site

The problem with all forums is that people having issues are much more vocal than people who are satisfied. This can easily give you the impression that the problems are rampant when they're not. There are also a collection of people that go through 3 to 6 devices for just about every phone they buy. They get a new phone, put the same horribly written apps they always run on i,t and experience problems that they blame the phone for. If you dig through some of the poll threads, you'll find the overwhelming majority of N4 users happy with their device.

As far as CES goes, anything you see there is 9 to 12 months away from being available in stores. By the time you could purchase something, the next CES is only a few months away, so you might as well wait for it to come along again.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I Love this phone. It is so responsive and fast. The screen is amazing and the price is ridiculous. The breakable thing is stupid in my opinion. Put a case on it and you'll be fine. It's everything you need for half price.

That being said it may not give you everything you want.

The camera is a 7/10 with some fun add ons
The battery is a 7/10. Much better than my last SGS2.
The screen is very nice but still not the best 8/10
The sound is weak. 4/10. On bluetooth and aux volume it is very low and tinny.

There are many great phones. The HTC one x+ is a gorgeous phone that may do everything better than the N4, but updates are scarce. If you want the latest updates then there is only one choice.

Samsung will also be announcing the S4 sooner than you think so if you are not rushed I would consider waiting.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Brad might I suggest you look into alsa mixer for your sound issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm all over it. Thanks. Will report back.

Okay I downloaded it and ran the install when I opened it. There are no settings or anything. Do I need to do anything else?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21