Looking for an upgrade ...is NeXus 4 the ONE?

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Oh man..not another waiting period. Am tired of waiting. But on the other hand, I am actually low on cash as of now. Plan to get an AIO for home and already bought an iPad Mini. So I guess waiting is a better option. The price of the N4 is just amazing and making it all the more difficult..
That is the benefit of the Nexus 4. You could sell your Razr and make enough to pretty much pay for the Nexus.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

X 0 N 0 D E

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
That is the benefit of the Nexus 4. You could sell your Razr and make enough to pretty much pay for the Nexus.

Yes. You are right. That's why my father had agreed to let me buy a NeXus 4. Price is just awesome ..

Sent from my DROID RaZr on JB.

X 0 N 0 D E

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Ya, you and the rest of the universe:eek: hopefully really soon. I think you will love it.

I absolutely will. U have no idea how confused I was. N⁴ or WP8. I initially liked the HTC 8S. But low memory/no FFC is a deal breaker. Then the 820 until I saw it. And that's when I decided, enough is enough. Can't look away from the beautiful piece of technology the N⁴ is...and at that price? I would be only blind to look elsewhere... :)

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I absolutely will. U have no idea how confused I was. N⁴ or WP8. I initially liked the HTC 8S. But low memory/no FFC is a deal breaker. Then the 820 until I saw it. And that's when I decided, enough is enough. Can't look away from the beautiful piece of technology the N⁴ is...and at that price? I would be only blind to look elsewhere... :)

I couldn't agree more.

nat72sherman

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
im looking for a new phone as well. if i get this i would be able to keep my unlimited data on verizon. how does HSPA+ compared to LTE? I have a htc thunderbolt, which is pretty much my first smart phone. i had a the moto q for a little bit, but i wont count that. So i dont have a lot to compared to. ive played with my dads original droid on 3g and it doesnt seem a whole lot slower connectivity wise.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
im looking for a new phone as well. if i get this i would be able to keep my unlimited data on verizon. how does HSPA+ compared to LTE? I have a htc thunderbolt, which is pretty much my first smart phone. i had a the moto q for a little bit, but i wont count that. So i dont have a lot to compared to. ive played with my dads original droid on 3g and it doesnt seem a whole lot slower connectivity wise.
LTE is faster but for general use I don't notice much of a difference. I wouldn't let that feature sway you. The phone is amazing.

X 0 N 0 D E

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
So this phone will always have the latest updates. How important is that really? Is there really a big difference from one to another?

Who doesn't want updates? OS improvements, battery tweaks, other issues ironed out, small and big. Its always better to be updated than be outdated. Isn't it?

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
So this phone will always have the latest updates. How important is that really? Is there really a big difference from one to another?
When I go back to my SGS2 which is on ICS its night and day compared to JB 4.2.

For some people they don't even notice but for anyone using their phone in a serious manner its very important.

X 0 N 0 D E

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
When I go back to my SGS2 which is on ICS its night and day compared to JB 4.2.

For some people they don't even notice but for anyone using their phone in a serious manner its very important.

Same here on RaZr. ICS and JB feel like two different platforms. One glitchy, slow and full of lags. The other, fast, snappy and super stable.

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Often with new updates it can cause more harm than good ala GB to ICS on the gs2 skyrocket. Although I will say the jb leaks have looked more promising. The latest and greatest isn't always what its cracked up to be.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Often with new updates it can cause more harm than good ala GB to ICS on the gs2 skyrocket. Although I will say the jb leaks have looked more promising. The latest and greatest isn't always what its cracked up to be.

sometimes this is the case but I'm willing to take the risk.

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
sometimes this is the case but I'm willing to take the risk.

Indeed. The nexus program in my eyes is awesome don't take my statement the wrong way. I just hate most other OEMS software lmao.

celliott96

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
The problem with all forums is that people having issues are much more vocal than people who are satisfied. This can easily give you the impression that the problems are rampant when they're not. There are also a collection of people that go through 3 to 6 devices for just about every phone they buy. They get a new phone, put the same horribly written apps they always run on i,t and experience problems that they blame the phone for. If you dig through some of the poll threads, you'll find the overwhelming majority of N4 users happy with their device.

As far as CES goes, anything you see there is 9 to 12 months away from being available in stores. By the time you could purchase something, the next CES is only a few months away, so you might as well wait for it to come along again.

Very true. I am still on my first nexus 4, which I got the day they came out. Now, I don't go posting threads about how amazing and satisfied I am with my Nexus 4, because that is expected of a top of the line device. The main purpose of these forums is to get help with problems, so you will naturally see more people creating threads about the problems they are having with their Nexus 4's. I don't think anyone benefits from ranting and raving about a product, and I know that nobody benefits from people bashing a product.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

X 0 N 0 D E

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I ordered my neXus 4!!

Its already arrived in my country. Stuck at the customs.

Will come to me in a days time. I'm just tooooo scared to either crack it or scratch it people....

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance