Problems with headphone jack?

anon(5238782)

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi I was wondering if anyone else has problems with using headphones and google play music? I've come to try to listen to music on the device today, after having it for two weeks, and it keeps pausing the music every couple of seconds as if the headphones have come out. Pressing play starts it up again but it is literally every few seconds. I haven't noticed it before but i haven't used it too much for music up to this point so am not sure how long the issue is.

With the difficulty getting stock I'm reluctant to try and get a replacement but I only got this just before Christmas and is very annoying.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
How old are your headphones? What kind of in-line controls do they have?

I have had somewhat similar problems with other devices after the wiring to the headphone controls went bad.

Can you borrow a known good pair to see if the results are different?

anon(5238782)

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I've tried them with the Beats headphones that came with my old HTC and also with some Sennheisers just to make sure. Both are decent headphones that worked fine on previous phone.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I just double checked my Nexus with a pair of Sennheiser buds (with volume control) and Spotify and had no problems. Try wiggling the headphone jack around a bit, or hold it to one side. It's possible you've got something wonky inside that's preventing full contact. I know at least that Spotify will pause if you pull the headphones out (but doesn't pause when you insert them).

Media Pete

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: Problems with Nexus 10 headphone jack ... Yes

I've had my Nexus 10 for about a week. Tonight was the first time, I tried the headset ... nothing. At first, I thought it might be related to an internal setting, but now I think it is a problem with the audio jack. I am heading back to the store tomorrow. Fortunately, I have a 14 day return option. Like you, I am disappointed. I have spent a week adding apps and downloading MP3's and digital books. I am glad to know I am not along with the problem. My headset works perfectly with my Sony MP3 player so .... the problem is the jack. Good luck.

Media Pete

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I am a little embarrassed about my earlier post.

It was a user problem (me) and not a device problem. Based on another forum I read after my post, I learned really need to push the headphone jack firmly into the Nexus 10. When I did that, everything worked the way it was supposed to. I trust that solves your problem as well.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
It does take a pretty good push to fully seat the headphone jack, but if you're sure it's seated, you've tried different headphones with the same results, and you're pretty sure there is nothing in the jack hole (blow into it and/or strip some cotton off the end of a q-tip and push it in/out a couple of times), exchange it. It doesn't matter if they are backed up or not, you still continue to use your current device until the replacement arrives. From looking at the forum today, it seems like they are shipping them out pretty quickly right now.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante