MMS Question

ShashankNegi

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I just recently got the Nexus 4 and the thing is gorgeous. My question is in regards to MMS. Now I turn data off, as not to go over my plan. However when I send/receive a MMS, it won't send unless data is on. This is common sense obviously but I'm struck as my Desire HD automatically switched whenever sending/receiving a MMS, and it was on gingerbread. The feature may be attributed to Sense, but I'm not too sure. Anything I can do to make it switch temporarily and automatically it?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
How little data allowance do you have on your plan? I'm just wondering if turning off data so much is really necessary. On a month of average use I usually will be between only 1 and 2 gigs, which should be fine with almost any plan. If I'm streaming a lot through Google Music or something I can hit 4+ gigs, have never hit 5, and that's when I know I'm using a lot. If you are a "light" data user I don't see why you should need to be so concerned unless you have a really small allowance..

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Around 200-300 mbs. Coverage is really spotty, so I deferred from getting 2gb ( I had it and then switched ).

Ah I see.. that is darn low, lol. Only thing I could think of is a toggle app (Power toggles comes to mind, I don't know many though as I run a custom ROM that lets you customize these in the pulldown) that will let you set a convenient toggle for mobile data on/off.. I'm not sure if there's anything that will handle it automatically. Sorry I can't be of more help.. maybe someone else will have a better suggestion though.

Quick tip: Change the title of the post to something like "Mobile data toggle for MMS usage", will make your topic more specific and might attract better help. Probably a better way to phrase it, that's just off the top of my head :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781