Well then...

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
I didn't replace my Galaxy Nexus with a Nexus 4 because it has a faster processor. I did it for the nexus update and the HSPA+ 42 support. Also, because it is simply a gorgeous phone.

The processor referred here will be in phones this summer. Which basically gives the Nexus 4 about 6-7 months of a top of the line processor. Can't really ask for any more in today's fast moving world.

Suffice it to say I'm keeping my Nexus 4 for at least a year, probably more.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
There will always be something better just around the corner, especially at this time of year. Don't worry, the N4 will be able to hold its own for 18-24 months. It won't be the fastest necessarily, but it will work as well as ever.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
overclock your nexus 4 to 1.9 and this performance improvement is what you will get. some of the features they mentioned are additional bandwidth. they wont even be used.

willdogs

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
How long did you expect the N4 to have the fastest processor? In todays smartphone world, "Newest" and "Fastest" are only vaild for about 1-3 months.

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
There will always be something with the latest and greatest specs right around the corner and trying to keep up is like a dog chasing it's tail. What those future high spec devices won't have are the ability to keep up with the latest OS updates from Google and that's what mostly counts in my opinion, everything else is just bling. 1.5 quad core, 2gb of ram and running the latest Google has to offer is what an android device should be all about and the Nexus 4 is no slacker. I was so impressed with the Motorola Atrix when it was announced at CES back in 2011, ran out to get it when released and it turned out to be a POS. I will never again buy an android device that isn't a Nexus, for me it's nexus or nothing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
overclock your nexus 4 to 1.9 and this performance improvement is what you will get. some of the features they mentioned are additional bandwidth. they wont even be used.

No need to do this, the Nexus 4 works fine as is.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Yeah i know "new" will be overcome by something else but thought it might be more than that lol.
Well i bought the nexus 4 for the price, not so much the hardware improvements.

Sent from my Nexus 4

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Phones are getting to be like desktop computers. The advancements in hardware have caught up to what is needed in software, so it's not as important anymore. The S3 is still a fast phone when it uses the dual core processor, so this will be a nice boost for technology but not as critical to the end user unless they are gaming.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

mazzmoney95

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I want to see what Samsung will put in their next phone. Imagine a quad core version of the Exynos chip in the nexus 10? Maybe with an updated GPU and all. That would make me jealous.