Build quality

skotx

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I've had my 4 for about a month now. I've noticed that when I lightly press on the bottom of the phone near the screws it gives a little and makes a popping noise. Not a big deal but a little disheartening for an expensive piece of tech.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I've had my 4 for about a month now. I've noticed that when I lightly press on the bottom of the phone near the screws it gives a little and makes a popping noise. Not a big deal but a little disheartening for an expensive piece of tech.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Not really and it might be its loosly screwed and u puyting pressure scraps against the screw and it makes a noise? Just guessing

Sent from my Nexus 4

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Mine does this as well. Nothing to serious I would assume but if it leads to something serious Google with replace it I'm sure.

FYourProblems

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
My phone "pops" sometimes, is this what you're talking about? I'd be navigating it and sometimes very very quietly it would make a popping noise. Doesn't happen always but regularly I hear it.

I don't think it's a problem? Build quality on this phone is great otherwise, and I learned to ignore it.

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
My phone "pops" sometimes, is this what you're talking about? I'd be navigating it and sometimes very very quietly it would make a popping noise. Doesn't happen always but regularly I hear it.

I don't think it's a problem? Build quality on this phone is great otherwise, and I learned to ignore it.

No it mine doesn't randomly pop, only when pressure is applied to the bottom by the charging port does it creak alittle.

Ricky2009

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
No it mine doesn't randomly pop, only when pressure is applied to the bottom by the charging port does it creak alittle.

Mine creaks when pressure is applied between the left screw and the charging port. It kinda pushes in and makes that creaking sound plastic makes when it bends. It's fine with me tho a little bit of give lets parts bend instead of break in the event of a drop

Sent from my Nexus 4

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I had it too.. it only makes noise when you apply pressure.
it stopped after i applied a bit extra pressure. I applied this pressure all around that area.
I no longer get the noise now.

well i guess it a notification to stop applying pressure. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463