Nexus 4 December 4th 4-5 weeks order (Very late) UK

lumi1776

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Latest i was given in an email from google was that google consider that 5 weeks is up on the 16th jan from the 4th of dec.
They were not specific but it implies 5 days hols over the chrimbo n new year period.
I however calc it from tues 4th dec means tues 15th jan, with the 16th the day after, maybe thats what they ment.

so guys add an extra week on which is fair enough for christmas just wish that had been communicated to us and a new date given etc, would have been nice.

however that extra week is now up

Kaiser King

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
My order status just changed from pre-order to SHIPPING ESTIMATE: JANUARY 5, 2013, which doesn't make sense as it's the 15th now. However I really hope that means it is FINALLY coming. :D

lumi1776

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
same here shipping estimate to 5th jan 2013, then a few mins later it went to delivery estimate 05 jan 2013 lmao 11 days in the past. It would have been around the right time then to meet the end of the 5 weeks estimate back then.

given 5 days for chrimbo hols it should be around now so hopefully...

though the date given as 5th makes them seem like there are in a time warp lol

....oh couple hrs later its gone back to shipping estimate

Last edited:

minhbt

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
same here shipping estimate to 5th jan 2013, then a few mins later it went to delivery estimate 05 jan 2013 lmao 11 days in the past. It would have been around the right time then to meet the end of the 5 weeks estimate back then.
So has google entered a worm hole ? or a time warp? has its ordering been so overloaded its only just getting through these orders on there automatic system, n banging out these updates now lol

in their defense, it said "estimate". Anw did you ring them up and ask about the shipping details they give you on the system?

lumi1776

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
true original order said estimate between 4-5 weeks not after 5 weeks, and no communication about allowing 5 days holiday over christmas.

so org u think 5 weeks is on the 8th and as i mentioned in other posts allowing some hol is fair enough, just wish they would have communicated all that.

and yes phoned them about the date and they were just as surprised as me

at the end of the day they still missed the estimate

chins22

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Latest i was given in an email from google was that google consider that 5 weeks is up on the 16th jan from the 4th of dec.
They were not specific but it implies 5 days hols over the chrimbo n new year period.
I however calc it from tues 4th dec means tues 15th jan, with the 16th the day after, maybe thats what they ment.

so guys add an extra week on which is fair enough for christmas just wish that had been communicated to us and a new date given etc, would have been nice.

however that extra week is now up

Irdered on 5th Dec with 5-6 weeks shipping time.
when i had called them 2 days back, i was told 5th Dec + 6 weeks = 16th Jan :)

Estimated Shipping is still 16th Jan in my Google Play acct

cave_dweller

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi I'm new to this forum. My order changed from pre ordered to a shipping estimate which is the 23rd I think. Funny enough my brother ordered his on the 4th of december and received his after 2 days. Seems to me that he was lucky. Google really screwed this up big time. Really need the phone, as I gave my old phone away. Great. just great without a phone for the next 2 possible weeks.
:'(

iWednesday

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
dam, all i see on the play store orders is an estimate of the 16th Jan...

Sent many emails, and now they wont even reply with the automated reply.

Super annoying - all i want is some sort of indication 'SOMETHING' is happening.

Delays without information is worse than delays with info -

Google are failing big time with simple communication.... if they don't know what's happening it would be best to just let us know :mad:

minhbt

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
dam, all i see on the play store orders is an estimate of the 16th Jan...

Sent many emails, and now they wont even reply with the automated reply.

Super annoying - all i want is some sort of indication 'SOMETHING' is happening.

Delays without information is worse than delays with info -

Google are failing big time with simple communication.... if they don't know what's happening it would be best to just let us know :mad:

Could be worse... Different agents tell you different things, therefore u probably end up knowing nothing :)

chins22

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi I'm new to this forum. My order changed from pre ordered to a shipping estimate which is the 23rd I think. Funny enough my brother ordered his on the 4th of december and received his after 2 days. Seems to me that he was lucky. Google really screwed this up big time. Really need the phone, as I gave my old phone away. Great. just great without a phone for the next 2 possible weeks.
:'(

I would say your bro was still lucky as even I ordered the first one on the 4th, but TNT lost it and google didnt replace it for me.
The second one I ordered on the 5th, and it is still not shipped even after 5-6 weeks shipping period I was given.
Just do not loose the patience for one more week, we are almost there (I hope)
Good luck!

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
BAD NEWS GUYS

There is a delay of their shipment, it will be shipped out someday next week or the week after, and they told me that after i receive it i can call them to give me the refund for the shipping cost.

iWednesday

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
BAD NEWS GUYS

There is a delay of their shipment, it will be shipped out someday next week or the week after, and they told me that after i receive it i can call them to give me the refund for the shipping cost.

zzzzzz.... where can i go slap one of the google peeps? take a flight to ireland over the weekend? -__-

cave_dweller

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
You can't be serious. This is just getting more and more ridiculous. Well my order changed from shipping estimate to delivery estimate, whatever that means. So I assume I got to wait possible another week for an usable phone? Can't believe this is happening to google. Google should have known better that there would have been such a high demand for such a low priced phone, I hope we don't have to wait any longer. :confused: