New nexus 4 phone goes black when receiving or making a call.

ackee2013

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
My phone is not a week old and it goes to black when I receive or make a call. Its annoying as I have to press the pwr button to get it up so I can access the dial-pad or the spkr. Can anyone please help if you had and resolved this issue.....I spoke to Google play and they suggest....a factory reset sometimes clears up these issues. I certainly not happy at the prospect of having to redo my contacts and apps etc.....please help, thanks.

mdandashly

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Make sure the proximity sensor isn't covered by a case or screen protector. Also make sure you removed the protective film from the phone. The prox sensor is designed to make the screen go dark so you don't press buttons with your face while on a call.

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Like he said, thats the only reason. The proximity is top left and if covered up, some things can be harmed and the phone isnt as easy to use

Sent from my Nexus 4

shah77

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for helping got this problem since morning when I put wrong screen protector then later on found problem could be due to this then I removed but up till now still annoyed why this going darker uninstalled too many apps but now you sort out my problem many thanks.

ackee2013

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
It is certainly much better now, since I took the screen protector off, and put it back on......maybe it was interfering with the sensor, I will be watching it, thanks.....