If this is true I am gonna be upset nexus halted by LG

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
One thing I hate about BGN is they are more than happy to run wild with rumors and speculation, and present them as some sort of "breaking news." While they do say this is a rumor, they're reading way to much into LG's announcement that they're working on a new Nexus phone. That may just be LG leaking that their contract with Google covers more than one device, and they're already working on the next Nexus due at the end of the year. I would be honestly shocked if they stopped producing the Nexus 4 so soon, especially to focus on their own devices. Google's wrath would be immeasurable.

YaSo

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
One thing I hate about BGN is they are more than happy to run wild with rumors and speculation, and present them as some sort of "breaking news." While they do say this is a rumor, they're reading way to much into LG's announcement that they're working on a new Nexus phone. That may just be LG leaking that their contract with Google covers more than one device, and they're already working on the next Nexus due at the end of the year. I would be honestly shocked if they stopped producing the Nexus 4 so soon, especially to focus on their own devices. Google's wrath would be immeasurable.

BGR and a few other outlets are all commenting on this article from ibtimes.co.uk LG Nexus 4 Production Stopped for Company?s Upcoming Smartphones? - IBTimes UK

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
BGR and a few other outlets are all commenting on this article from ibtimes.co.uk LG Nexus 4 Production Stopped for Company?s Upcoming Smartphones? - IBTimes UK

Yeah, and that article states rumors that have nothing to do with what the LG spokesman said. So where are these rumors coming from? There's no other source in the article, which makes me believe they pulled it out of their butts based on LG's statement about future Nexus devices, and the known current shortage of N4s.

donec

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Reading that makes me laugh. IMO! It was written just to peak interest, cause controversy and has no facts to work with. Just pure conjecture garbage.

YaSo

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site

Thanks Tony for the XDA Play Store link. I'm to the point that with the rumors of T-Mo getting new stock by the end of the month, and now these new ones, I don't know what to think. Just that I need a phone and every time I get ready to buy something else, a new piece of news comes out driving me crazy.

Don't curse me, but if Google originally offered the Nexus 4 at $500 unlocked, I would already have bought something else, and been much happier using Android. And if Samsung kept making Galaxy Nexus models at $350 unlocked, I would have happily bought one of those. The not-knowing is what is killing me.

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Tony for the XDA Play Store link. I'm to the point that with the rumors of T-Mo getting new stock by the end of the month, and now these new ones, I don't know what to think. Just that I need a phone and every time I get ready to buy something else, a new piece of news comes out driving me crazy.

Don't curse me, but if Google originally offered the Nexus 4 at $500 unlocked, I would already have bought something else, and been much happier using Android. And if Samsung kept making Galaxy Nexus models at $350 unlocked, I would have happily bought one of those. The not-knowing is what is killing me.

Same here.... I guess we all just continue to wait.

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk

Doooshty

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Why would I need a faster processor than this? If Google can't write software that runs buttery smooth on a 1.5 GHz quad core then they have issues.

My thought is that EVEN IF they make a new nexus, it won't render the 4 obsolete. It will most likely be a phablet or a smaller screen. Seeing as it's a nexus it will have similar limitations, such as no SD card.

I don't believe for a second that the nexus 4 will cease being produced. If anything, it will be "The Nexus 4 by [insert manufacturer here]". Google would just have someone else manufacture their design. They spent too much marketing the name and received too much press on it to let it fade away. Just my opinion

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
They won't stop selling the Nexus 4 or making them but its possible to have another Nexus device late 2013. Why would they stop making something they just released?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Basscase

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
That is the most stupid, misleading article ever. First of all, NOTHING in the article even suggests anything about LG "halting production" of the N4, just that they are making new Nexus devices.

It has been suggested that LG will announce a successor to the Nexus 4 at the annual Barcelona event next month. Recent rumors have said that such a device would be equipped with a powerful 2GHz quad-core processor and the unannounced Android Key Lime Pie operating system.

If that's not the biggest load of pure conjecture ever...i don't know what is.

Hey guiz guess what...Google is buying Facebook, making a phone, and calling it the "Goofbook" and selling it for $1.99. It has a 31236723817531Ghz 16core processor, 18' screen with a battery life of 30 years. It's true...my brother who knows this guy who heard from his friends friend that has a sister who knows Brad at the grocery store that heard from Tim who has a cell phone that ACTUALLY has a Google told me so!

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
its still rumors. and LG spokemen never told they are halting. rumors just come out of thin air

maybe this is what is happening a new batch with 4.2.2 http://forums.androidcentral.com/google-nexus-4/243256-jelly-bean-4-2-2-nexus-4-coming-soon.html

This is probably just as true as the moto x, iPhone 5s and 6. Maybe we are jumping the gun lets wait and see if they ever get stock again if nothing by mobile world congress then I might believe for now I will take Phil's word that this is garbage.

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Ugh, this probably bs as everyone else has said and phil with his article.
I mean Nexus 4 probably fell down the priority chart or so because of the cheap price but they aren't going to be halting production anytime soon

- - - Updated - - -

Ugh, this probably bs as everyone else has said and phil with his article.
I mean Nexus 4 probably fell down the priority chart or so because of the cheap price but they aren't going to be halting production anytime soon