JB 4.2.2 for Nexus 4 Live- Factory Image+OTA link posted

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Jelly bean 4.2.2 for Nexus 4 coming soon

I hope that the camera gets some tweaks and the Audio volume for the Aux and Bluetooth is increased. It is currently way too quiet. Any increased battery would always be welcome.

jflexe99

Droids!
Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

Let's be honest. We won't see any of these. The camera won't get any better. I am sure the sensor just sucks in the camera. I was hoping for an equal to my Note...but it is much worse than an older phone.

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site

Yes, this is the most serious IMO. Most of these wakelocks have to do with mediaserver and related processes that put the phone in some sort of infinite loop of file scanning. You can do stuff to limit it, but you shouldn't have to!!! If you do a simple search for mediaserver and battery life, you get all sorts of results with pretty much every phone running jelly bean. So it isn't just the N4 with these issues. Many S3 users have the same bit going on.

I have cpu spy installed and my phone goes into deep sleep no issue. I also stream music through Google play all the time as I have no music stored on my device.

u7a9udeg.jpg

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

The issue is random relating to something corrupting a media file (image most likely, maybe audio or video as well) which sends the scanner/sync into an infinite loop. Random means not everyone will experience it right away.

That said, it is good to hear some have not experienced the bug yet at all! Good for you!

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

The issue is random relating to something corrupting a media file (image most likely, maybe audio or video as well) which sends the scanner/sync into an infinite loop. Random means not everyone will experience it right away.

That said, it is good to hear some have not experienced the bug yet at all! Good for you!

You are referring to the media server consuming a large portion of battery life?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Kaenon

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

All I need is a better connection to my WiFi network.

I'm not sure if its on my Nexus 4 end or router end.

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site

Not having any issues with my Nexus 4 so far but liking the fact that I get the latest updates directly from Google without any carrier bull .

canucks4life

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site

Agreed my Samsung GS2 had much better range/speeds than Nexus 4 in the exact same location at home. Tried a couple signal booster apps didn't help much.

Ran the below speedtests on my home WiFi with phones right beside each other

Nexus 4 http://www.speedtest.net/android/341613668.png
GS2X http://www.speedtest.net/android/341613303.png

All I need is a better connection to my WiFi network.

I'm not sure if its on my Nexus 4 end or router end.

Last edited:

Kaenon

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I heard that 4.2.2 is supposed to be available via OTA update this week.

Dr0me

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

Why do you people insist on believing every random unsubstantiated rumor you read???

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

can you post the link? because i think my wifi(and phone) is ON and it use to go to sleep on my Nexus S.

Issue 41855 - android - "msm_hsic_wakelock" process on Nexus 4 causes severe battery drain - Android - An Open Handset Alliance Project - Google Project Hosting

Google Groups

its not a "rumor" this is a bug in the kernel confirmed by google.

nitesh jha

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site

there is auto screen rotate problem due to which i am unable to use photosphere as well as i cant not view in landscape.
is this a bug in OS or hardware issue.

can nyone help me out?

joklun

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Sv: Jelly bean 4.2.2 for Nexus 4 coming soon

Agreed my Samsung GS2 had much better range/speeds than Nexus 4 in the exact same location at home. Tried a couple signal booster apps didn't help much.

Ran the below speedtests on my home WiFi with phones right beside each other

Nexus 4 http://www.speedtest.net/android/341613668.png
GS2X http://www.speedtest.net/android/341613303.png

I also hope for better WiFi speed! All my devices at home except the n4 have no trouble with my WiFi. I got about the same speed differences as you do.

Skickat fr?n min Nexus 4 via Tapatalk 2

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

there is auto screen rotate problem due to which i am unable to use photosphere as well as i cant not view in landscape.
is this a bug in OS or hardware issue.

can nyone help me out?

photosphere pictures are not taken in landscape normally (I think it leaves a black hole and doesn't complete the scene), but you view them after in landscape.... if that is what you mean.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt