The basics of owning a Nexus 4...

anon(55900)

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
The basics of owning a Nexus 4, IMHO.

Plus a lot of valuable links for warranty and contact info.

Before you buy it or before you use it (yeah, right). Right now the best protection over all is the ionic case. Which is a rubber cover over all of the back and sides, then a hard plastic cover over the back and sides, but leaving fat rubber at corners and rubber along front edge so you can place the phone face down and the screen is off the table and very anti slip.

You don't really need a plastic film screen protector because it's, Gorilla Glass. That is unless your a beast who stuffs their phone into a pocket full of car keys and coins or a purse. It is Gorrila Glass and the scratch resistance is excellent. I would apply protection film over the back, only to keep it in pristine condition.

The phone has a glass back and a glass front. It is glass, how would you handle a piece of fine china? Well you need to handle the Nexus 4 the same way. Pay attention to how firmly your grip the phone and when to grip the phone.

Gorilla glass is excellent in resisting scratches, not excellent in breakage resistance. Gorilla glass is not Corelle dinner wear! If you drop it, do not be surprised that either the front and / or the touch screen have shattered!

CORNING? GORILLA? GLASS | FAQS

Unless you really, really know your Rooting like a pro and can un-Root, do not Root while in warranty.

If your phone is still under warranty and you cannot correct a software issue quickly by doing a hard reset. Then quickly contact customer support!!

LG Nexus 4 hard reset - PDA Smartphone PNA hard reset soft reset

Before something goes wrong and after you've loaded up the memory, you can plug the phone into your pc's USB in windows and make a connection so you can copy files to the pc.

Contact Google Play about Chrome & Nexus devices - Google Play Help

Refunds, returns & replacements - Google Play Help

Nexus 4 limited warranty - Google Play Help

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The basics of owning a Nexus 4, IMHO.

Plus a lot of valuable links for warranty and contact info.

Before you buy it or before you use it (yeah, right). Right now the best protection over all is the ionic case. Which is a rubber cover over all of the back and sides, then a hard plastic cover over the back and sides, but leaving fat rubber at corners and rubber along front edge so you can place the phone face down and the screen is off the table and very anti slip.

You don't really need a plastic film screen protector because it's, Gorilla Glass. That is unless your a beast who stuffs their phone into a pocket full of car keys and coins or a purse. It is Gorrila Glass and the scratch resistance is excellent. I would apply protection film over the back, only to keep it in pristine condition.

The phone has a glass back and a glass front. It is glass, how would you handle a piece of fine china? Well you need to handle the Nexus 4 the same way. Pay attention to how firmly your grip the phone and when to grip the phone.

Gorilla glass is excellent in resisting scratches, not excellent in breakage resistance. Gorilla glass is not Corelle dinner wear! If you drop it, do not be surprised that either the front and / or the touch screen have shattered!

CORNING? GORILLA? GLASS | FAQS

Unless you really, really know your Rooting like a pro and can un-Root, do not Root while in warranty.

If your phone is still under warranty and you cannot correct a software issue quickly by doing a hard reset. Then quickly contact customer support!!

LG Nexus 4 hard reset - PDA Smartphone PNA hard reset soft reset

Before something goes wrong and after you've loaded up the memory, you can plug the phone into your pc's USB in windows and make a connection so you can copy files to the pc.

Contact Google Play about Chrome & Nexus devices - Google Play Help

Refunds, returns & replacements - Google Play Help

Nexus 4 limited warranty - Google Play Help

Don't need a screen protector? WRONG! http://forums.androidcentral.com/google-nexus-4/239298-truth-about-gorilla-glass.html

Well anyways I think you should go ahead and root your device if there is nothing wrong with it. I've used every single function of the Nexus 4 so far and tested everything that people have said that was "faulty" and they have been perfect for me. Warranty? DON'T NEED IT ANYMORE! Plus you can just unroot.

anon(55900)

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I've owned nothing but non glass phones and never covered. G glass is much tougher so I say no to screen protector for G glass unless the other is an animal! Lol

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

chrispher86

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Gorilla glass not as scratch resistant as you think. I've had my Nexus 4 for about a month and a half. Scratches on the front and back. One deep scratch right above the recent apps button. My suggestion, get a screen protector. No case though. Covers up the purty design on the back.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Gorilla glass not as scratch resistant as you think. I've had my Nexus 4 for about a month and a half. Scratches on the front and back. One deep scratch right above the recent apps button. My suggestion, get a screen protector. No case though. Covers up the purty design on the back.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Lol. Well i got a case because id rather have my nexus 4 not be broken and okay than it looking pretty, pretty broken.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I always go naked, especially so with the N4...don't wana hide the back - the only thing distinguishing it as when off it's just a plain black slate.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
This thing is to slippery to use commando. So glad mine came with the bumper case.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Really? Because it will burst into flames or something? Despite the fact that Nexus phones are pretty much meant for unlocking and rooting? Pffft.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Everyone had their own needs but I agree with Dirk. The warranty thing is no reason to not root. You can go back to locked very easily with the Nexus 4 toolkit, so it's not a big deal.

If you only want to escape the bloatware situation then you are home free out of the box.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20