Sick and tired of waiting for this phone to be available. What other phone is there?

MarteenGreen

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Switching from iPhone 4S to the Nexus 4. Obviously that won't happen anytime soon. No one knows when. The nexus 4 is the 1st android phone that actually looked appealing to me, in terms of OS and phone hardware.

Also, I have the nexus 7 and love it. So what phone would you guys recommend? What comes 2nd to the nexus 4?

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I guess there are some Chinese options that come close with specs, but they are not nearly as well finished and of course quality/warranty issues might be more of a challenge. Some guy made a thread on here month ago regarding a Chinese phone he was trying to compare to the N4 - give it a search.

Here is one I googled just now: Xiaomi M2 Vs. Google Nexus 4! Which would you buy? - Gizchina.com

The main drawback here is whether you would get any Android updates anywhere near the frequency of a N4.

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
You could get a used galaxy s3 on craigslist for about the same price as well. Depends if you like touch wiz and don't mind it being used. Very good phone.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The next best phone that is around this price is S3 but it doesn't have as much benefits as the Nexus 4. The GNex can be found for 220 if you want and it isn't that much worse than the Nexus 4.
The backo f the GNex is UGLY compared to the Nexus 4.

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
It does seem rather ridiculous that folks are *still* waiting for supply. I can't blame some for just moving on. If I were in the same position I would have just bit the bullet and bumped from a 4S to an iP5. I'm glad I got lucky cause i like this device, but my patience would have worn thin by now as well. I hope u get phone that makes you happy soon, OP!

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It does seem rather ridiculous that folks are *still* waiting for supply. I can't blame some for just moving on. If I were in the same position I would have just bit the bullet and bumped from a 4S to an iP5. I'm glad I got lucky cause i like this device, but my patience would have worn thin by now as well. I hope u get phone that makes you happy soon, OP!

Iphone? Pssshh ur crazy! :p. Wuldve went with the s3 because its also cheap

Sent from my Nexus 4

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
The GNex can be found for 220 if you want and it isn't that much worse than the Nexus 4.

Quad-core makes the N4 noticeably better than the GNex IMO...I refuse to even look at my GNex until Ubuntu is available for it - it's at the bottom of my pile, LoL.

Come February/March though...

YaSo

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
TMoNews is reporting that T-Mobile stores are starting to get their shipments of phones. ( Nexus 4 Units On Their Way To T-Mobile Stores | | TmoNewsTmoNews ) So I am going to wait and put up with a tired MyTouch 4G. I figure that some semi-official news would be coming next week.

I personally want a phone off-contract. I'm crazy and don't want a SGS3 since many friends have one and I don't want a $500 'me too' phone that's been out for over 6 months. I toyed with getting a Note 2 but 650-700 bucks is redonkulous compared to $350 for a Nexus 4.

I flirted with getting an SGS2 ($300 from Walmart) and then selling or donating it to a friend after the Nexus 4 became available. (She'd want a good camera in a smartphone and the S2 is supposed to be pretty good.)

I also thought of getting an Optimus L9 ($200 from T-Mo prepaid) which has similar specs to an HTC Sensation that another friend is happy with. (dual core 1ghz, 1GB ram, 4GB storage plus microSD, 5mp camera, ICS 4.04, 4.7" qHD screen)

If the One S was discounted I'd consider it but it seems to be still running around $550 off contract, though the T-Mo site has the ceramic black One S for free on contract after a $50 mir.

If you've waited this long and can hold out another week, I'd wait and see what unfolds during the next week.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

I just had dinner with a friend who has an iphone5. Honestly it looked like a small toy compared to my Nexus. Don't get me wrong. It is a well crafted device, but everything was so small I could barely read anything on the screen. He was even showing me some photos and I couldn't help but think how small everything was. And for double the price.

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Just looked up BNIB Nexus 4 on Craigslist ......$520.00 for the 16gb.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums

You can find them cheaper than that, just have to be vigilant . we did some searching for a week and found my boyfriends for 400. Not every one is a crook.

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I've also been waiting patiently for the N4 to come back into stock. However, the Galaxy Note 2 has really caught my eye. If I can find one for a reasonable price on Craigslist before the N4 is back in stock, I'm going for it.

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I just had dinner with a friend who has an iphone5. Honestly it looked like a small toy compared to my Nexus. Don't get me wrong. It is a well crafted device, but everything was so small I could barely read anything on the screen. He was even showing me some photos and I couldn't help but think how small everything was. And for double the price.

Yeah I'm used to the size of the N4 now. My better half's 4s does seem toy-like by comparison. But as I would've been moving from the 4s directly to the 5 (and had only owned iphones), I would have had no basis for comparison.

Needless to say, I'm not going back. Only thing I may miss is resale value when I'm ready to upgrade. I always made a profit on every used iPhone I sold after a year of use.. Sometimes a handsome profit. On the other hand, I'm not paying off a carrier subsidy anymore with this device either.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'm used to the size of the N4 now. My better half's 4s does seem toy-like by comparison. But as I would've been moving from the 4s directly to the 5 (and had only owned iphones), I would have had no basis for comparison.

Needless to say, I'm not going back. Only thing I may miss is resale value when I'm ready to upgrade. I always made a profit on every used iPhone I sold after a year of use.. Sometimes a handsome profit. On the other hand, I'm not paying off a carrier subsidy anymore with this device either.

when you only pay $350 resale is irrelevant :thumbup: the Nexus 4 will still be worth $200 in a year or 2 so the cost of ownership is far cheaper than any amount you will get on a iphone.

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Man I never sell old devices I normally hold them back as just in case and development devices.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon