If you broke your screen, what can you do?

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys,
I have a nexus 4 and I love it. Told my cousin if he kept up grades I would get him one and so I got my cousin one as soon as they went back up and he received his last week. Unfortunately after a few days, he cracked his screen. I know Google isn't responsible for this and after contacting them they said to call LG. All LG will tell me is to ship it to them and after they have messed around with it they will let me know how much it will cost to repair. I wish they would tell me upfront the cost to replace screen but they won't. I have also contacted other places in the neighborhood who fix screens but since the N4 is so new/hard to get they dont have hardware necessary. Is there anyone else in this position? If so what are you doing? Or if you were in my cousins position what did you do? I really don't want to fork out $300 for a new phone and he has waited so long for the damn thing for it to break. I just feel like Google or LG should have a better way to replace devices especially since so many people are cracking their glass. I hate to say it but, having a physical store front (like apple) would have made this process easier. Any help is appreciated! And thanks in advance!

mugabuga

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
From what I've seen it's about $100-$150 to get the glass replaced. I'd say just send it into LG.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

lmrvrgs

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I bet if your cousin had bought the phone that screen would have never cracked! I would have been pissed. People need to take care of their stuff even when its a gift, sometimes they dont see the value behind it. Im sure you worked your ass offf to get him that phone. Should teach him a lesson in taking better care of things.

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys LG might be the best bet but I'd hate to be in limbo and at their mercy in terms of price after I ship it, but it seems to be the best option. If it was 70 I'd be ecstatic but probably not. And he takes care of things it was just a honest mistake. He woke up after a nap forgot where his phone was, stood up to get shoes and -well you know the rest. :-\

saeufer

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Make sure to check the credit card you bought it with; a lot of cards cover accidental damage in the first X days after a new purchase.

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
One of the malls in my area has a kiosk that does phone repairs and they have a big sign of a cracked screen. I have no idea what their price would be, but if you have any larger malls in your area you might want to keep an eye out to see if there is something similar available there that you could check out.