Rumor that Nexus 5 will be a 'phablet'

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Which is what makes this platform so awesome...there's something for everyone. I could never see myself going back to anything smaller than the 5" form factor. One size most definitely does not fit all.

yea but the thing is if manufactures release 5" as their flagship model, than most likely other OEM's will do the same thing. i dont really want a mid-level phone...

- - - Updated - - -

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.
LMFAO.

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I would also love a 5 inch nexus 5. Currently I'm in love with the new xperia z. Looks so damn sexy!

Like the other poster said, this is the beauty of android. Want a big screen, go for note 2. Smaller screen, with the one vx. In between, nexus 4 or one x or sgs3.

what if someone wanted pure android, the fastest software updates, on a phone that is not bigger than the current nexus 4? coming from the original galaxy s, I really can't see a reason to pick an android phone that is not a nexus. agree about the xperia z though, it is a looker lol

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I get the Verizon part but lte is a negative?

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.

Haha... well, depends on your perspective. LTE is in fact a known monster battery hog... so it kinda nullifies the benefit of such a great battery on this phone. But I do love the fact that the N4 has the future capability of Tmo's version of LTE coming in the future. I do like the idea of being able to switch from one to the other depending on your speed needs or battery needs. But as of right now LTE = no option for unlimited data.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
who said that?

most folks continue to assume that what they like is what should be what everyone else likes. You said this...

i feel like people with large/very large size hands keep wanting a little bit more and more, but people like me with small/average size hands are already at the limit with the current size.

I have small/average hands and love the size of the Note. I don't like phones smaller than 5" any longer, but that is my personal preference. I don't assume anyone else feels this way, because it is my own opinion. And I'm sure there are plenty of large-handed folks out there with iPhones and Android phones smaller than 5". Hell, I see most people in my area using flip phones still!

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I would think the main rule is, if it don't fit into your pocket easily, it is ridiculous.

Of course, my pockets are so full already, I won't be able to fit a very large phone. :-$ :p

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
most folks continue to assume that a 5" or bigger phone is ridiculous. You said this...

if you have small/average size hands and are using a note than there's no way you could be using it with just one hand. yes that was an assumption but guess i should've mentioned that i was talking about using the phones with just one hand. yeah if i was cool with using it with 2 hands all the time than sure i could handle something huge like the note, but i am not cool with that. and i didnt say it was ridiculous i just said thats not what i want.

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
what if someone wanted pure android, the fastest software updates, on a phone that is not bigger than the current nexus 4? coming from the original galaxy s, I really can't see a reason to pick an android phone that is not a nexus. agree about the xperia z though, it is a looker lol

there actually is quite some room on the bottom of the nexus 4. so a bigger screen would be ok with me as long as the bezel is not larger (more importantly, not wider) than the n4.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
uhh no dawg i never said "yes i dont want a bigger phone and because i dont want one everyone else should not". come on now.

Not arguing with you at all, I'm not focusing on you, just in general I think a lot of folks do this, especially in the phone world. I use my Note one handed for some stuff, but mostly I have to use two hands. And I'm cool with that. I understand some folks are not cool with it. Whatever floats your boat and everyone else's boats is cool with me, that's why I love all the choices.

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Not arguing with you at all, I'm not focusing on you, just in general I think a lot of folks do this, especially in the phone world. Whatever floats your boat and everyone else's boats is cool with me, that's why I love all the choices.

the thing is, after many people migrated from other android phones to the nexus line (myself, included) they really just want to stick with it. so even though there are many choices, the nexus's size, in particular matters to many people (myself included).

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
the thing is, after many people migrated from other android phones to the nexus line (myself, included) they really just want to stick with it. so even though there are many choices, the nexus in particular's size matters to many people (myself included).

I get that, I have the N7 tablet, and I rocked the GNEX for 7 months, but dropped it for the Note in a heartbeat. I loved that phone, but I love the Note more for everything it offers. So I'm not one of those who has to have a Nexus device. But if they make one that is 5", I'll be happy to join the Nexus crowd again.

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I get that, I have the N7 tablet, and I rocked the GNEX for 7 months, but dropped it for the Note in a heartbeat. I loved that phone, but I love the Note more for everything it offers. So I'm not one of those who has to have a Nexus device. But if they make one that is 5", I'll be happy to join the Nexus crowd again.

ehh maybe they should just make two then lol. 4.7"-ish one and a 5.5"-ish one for all you two handers :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463