Soup in the earpiece.

chrispher86

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Ok so today I was on my lunch break and I had just got done heating up some soup. As I was taking it out of the microwave, the Styrofoam bowl folded and hot soup went all over the top front of the phone. Now when I make calls I can hear crackling in earpiece and its not as loud as it was before. I was wondering if there were any remedies without having to purchase a new phone.

Sent from my Nexus 4

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
^^Rice...maybe. Also, I remember a guy complaining the earpiece/sound quality on his gnex went south and it was from buildup in the little holes (nasty...). Used a pin to clear them and was good to go. Might be relevant here.

SOLGarion

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Put some crackers in there. They always go good with soup. :)

What what kind of soup was it? That will really determine the effective kind of cracker. Was it clam chowder? Maybe a nice oyster cracker. Tomato? Definitely saltines. Chicken noodle soup is ambicrackerous and can paired with a couple of options...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

runtmms

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
This makes me sad, I feel for you.

If you think it's done for you could try 98% isopropyl alcohol (available at Walgreens) on a qtip. That's if there's anything visible to try to clean. It should evaporate quickly with no residue.

If it were mine. The absolute last thing I'd try before acquiring a new one would be to pour the alcohol down the same path and dump out to see if it could be rinsed away followed by rice. That's an absolute shot in the dark I have no experience with.

Good Luck.

-M

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
What what kind of soup was it? That will really determine the effective kind of cracker. Was it clam chowder? Maybe a nice oyster cracker. Tomato? Definitely saltines. Chicken noodle soup is ambicrackerous and can paired with a couple of options...

ambicrackerous? lol

FYourProblems

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
First thing is first: what kind of soup?

- - - Updated - - -

This thread is getting me hungry

chrispher86

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the support guys. I think it'll be Ok. I called my voicemail earlier and it didn't sound that bad. I was just freaking out earlier. Cheddar broccoli BTW.

Sent from my Nexus 4

whymista

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the support guys. I think it'll be Ok. I called my voicemail earlier and it didn't sound that bad. I was just freaking out earlier. Cheddar broccoli BTW.

Sent from my Nexus 4

You might want to watch out for ear gnomes. I'm thinking they ate the soup and save your phone. They'll be expecting more soup or else.

navedoperez

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I water damaged my first N4 also. Sadly there was no way of fixing it, although it was the microphone that gor short damaged. My suggestion would be to put it in a tightly sealed bag of dry rice for 2 days. BE PATIENT. If this doesn't work, then you'll have to be a gangsta and bleach the water damage indicator in the sim tray and send it into warranty and cross your fingers

minhbt

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
looks like some of us r giving our Nexus 4 a treat with their soup. Me on the other hand will stick to the traditions, feeding my Nexus 4 with Power :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37