Nexus 4 for a note 2

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys I'd like some help. I have a nexus 4 ( 8gb) and a friend has made me an offer to trade me for his note two ( plus a hundred bucks from me). I have had the nexus for a month and I'm not in love with it but I like it and figured I'd keep it until summer release phones. I have no experience with the note 2 except playing with it a few minutes here and there. Price wise I know it is a good deal. Would anyone out there make this trade? Or did anyone return their nexus 4 for a note 2 and are very happy with their decision? Any advice would be welcome and thanks!!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Nonymous666

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
it's a fine device. It's a matter if you want one or not. Given that you're unsure and are not just jumping at the chance, I'm guessing that you don't really want one but haven't figured it out yet.

Definitely sounds like a much better deal for your friend than you.... He's probably wanting to get rid of the Note 2 because he realizes he wants something smaller, or is just bored with it and wants a new toy, or whatever. So if you do the trade, not only does he get rid of a phone he doesn't want, he makes a $100 profit, too.

donec

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Does the idea of having the pen mean anything to you? Yes, yes
Does the Nexus 4 feel large in your hand? no
Do you like the interface of the Note 2? yes, yes
Do you plan on rooting your phone? no, no
Which phone will work best with the service you want to use? either
Are you concerned about being the first to receive Google updates? no
Do you have the extra $100? maybe
Do you think the Note 2 is worth $100 more than the Nexus 4 8GB? yes, yes
Would you like the idea of having the extra storage from an SD card? yes, yes, yes
Do you want LTE? no, no
These are questions you should consider in making your decision. If you answered like I did then I would say buy the phone providing the person you are getting the Note 2 from is someone that you are sure has taken good care of the phone.
If I had the 8GB Nexus 4 I would not hesitate but that is me.

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I think the size factor would be the only real deal breaker here, unless you are all about the instant cutting edge updates.

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I think the only thing holding me back is the size. It is definitely a plus and a minus. Thank you everyone for your responses. I'm going to think about it some more . just such a good deal to pass up and I know I could sell it for more than the 440 bucks I would be paying for it ( my 8 GB was 340).

RyDawgBoston

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I would in a heartbeat. After using my Note 2 for a few weeks and then using my friends N4, I was not impressed with the N4 anymore. I never thought I would enjoy a big phone this much.

Throw Apex launcher on it and you can make it look like stock and have all the extra features of touchwiz. Plus a bigger screen, S-pen, sd card, superb battery, etc.

If you don't like it, sell it and make a profit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I think the only thing holding me back is the size. It is definitely a plus and a minus. Thank you everyone for your responses. I'm going to think about it some more . just such a good deal to pass up and I know I could sell it for more than the 440 bucks I would be paying for it ( my 8 GB was 340).

that's why i'm saying just go for it. Trade it and then use it for a month or so and then get another nexus 4 when you can off the play store. Sell the Note 2 and you get a profit. Note 2 is still great in one hand though there are some issues if you want to reach the top right (not that often but it is)

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I have a second nexus 4 coming in the mail tomorrow, and a Note 2 that ive been using for a week. Day 1-4 I was 100% NOT going to keep the note. Huge monstrosity of a phone the was the most awkward thing to hold. However, after that I learned the sweet spot on how to hold it, and its been growing on me. Trying out my wife's One X now is kinda funny, her phone feels like a toy and the 4.7" screen feels so small! (dont get me started on the iphone 5). The nexus is and will always be a niche market phone. If you want original android from google, with the latest version and no carrier affiliations, google wallet, etc etc then the note wont be your thing and thats where im stuck.

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Don't be that guy though, buy it from your friend if you intend to keep it, don't resell it to make a profit.

I would personally not want such a massive phone as the Note 2.

lol, it isn't like it is a present and i'm obliged to keep it by social norms. He didn't want it as much as the Nexus 4 + $100 so i'll be free to sell it right? It's not like the phone is going to keep monetary value and be first in hardware for some time and it is going to be sold eventually. Just my thoughts.

ErickMendez

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
i would take the note 2 over the nexus 4 in heartbeat plus he is even given you 100$ in your pocket , the note 2 display is just awesome and is just plain boss ... but dont get me wrong nexus 4 is the phone with the best bang 4 your buck (If you can get one) and touchwiz really is not as clean or minamilistic as stock ... im on the waiting band wag 4 the nexus 4

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
i would take the note 2 over the nexus 4 in heartbeat plus he is even given you 100$ in your pocket , the note 2 display is just awesome and is just plain boss ... but dont get me wrong nexus 4 is the phone with the best bang 4 your buck (If you can get one) and touchwiz really is not as clean or minamilistic as stock ... im on the waiting band wag 4 the nexus 4

The display is very a personal opinion. I like the sharpness and brightness of the N4 over the darks and size (lower, noticeable sharpness) of the note 2.

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Since it's only an 8FB N4, do it.
If it was a 16GB I'd probably say not to.

ErickMendez

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
oh my bad he wants you to pay him ... keep nexus 4 .. and if you want get rid of it sell it on ebay for a ridiculous price and wait for some idiot to buy it .

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Note 2 > Nexus 4.

I'd do it without another thought. Samsung makes absolute superb phones and the Note 2 is not-so-arguably their best effort yet.

A coworker of mine has one and it's a sweet piece of tech. He went from a 4.3"(?) HTC Thunderbolt to the Note 2 and was initially apprehensive because of the size. But now he says he could never go back.

I thought the same (regarding size) going from a 3.7" screen to the 4.8" screen on my Galaxy S3 and I agree with him that you easily and quickly adjust to a larger screen and footprint.

The Note 2 is so much more than just a phone and should be thought of that way.

Again, I'd do it without hesitation.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

mycrownvic02#WN

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I wouldn't do it... If you just want to try something new sure I guess, however I'm the biggest fan of the note 2 like everyone else seems to be. If you want a gigantic screen, and a stylus then sure, go for it I suppose. The only way I use another Samsung Device is if its a nexus, or I root it right away. Touch wiz is just plain awful.

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I would just buy the phone off him out right at a super discount. Then you can use it as your tablet and swap in the sim when you are ok with lugging it around but go back to the N4 when you need to travel lighter. lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante