Google wallet on Vending Machine

Noncon

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I've never had a problem using it on Coke vending machine, but have yet to get it to work at the few retailers I've visited, which wasn't the fault of Google Wallet.

CVS: It beeped, message came up to tap again, or ask checkout person if sale went through (it didn't). Manager said he has seen it work at least once before.
Jack In The Box: Reader was broken
Walgreens: Mgr told me, all Walgreens have deactivated their readers since they have not installed the needed software to interface between reader, and register. Also the combo nfc, atm readers they purchased are very unreliable and often have to swap them out a few times a month. Says they hope to have them all working sometime this year.

Best to keep your real wallet with you at retailers.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Yep...the only place I have used it is CVS. I have a Container Store and Whole Foods within 2-3 miles of my home and none has the readers installed yet. After doing my 2nd transaction at CVS, I tried to delete the transactions from the app on my phone and could not figure out how to do it. I went to the website for Google wallet and found out there is not a way to delete transactions at this time.

Not sure how I feel about that. I am certainly not the type to keep that kind of stuff on my phone or anywhere and it kind of bugs me that you can't delete the transactions for Google Wallet...

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Just set up Google Wallet on my N4 and am looking for some NFC terminals to use it on. Was flying out of El Paso yesterday back to Dallas and the airport shop had the NFC terminals. Unfortunately, I had my Note 2 with me so did not get to try out NFC. Carrying my N4 today so maybe a trip to CVS, Container Store or something like that...

The note 2 has NFC also

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Google Wallet seems to fail on at least 50pct of the times I try to use it, and cashiers tell me that's pretty common. T

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

The only time it fails on me when there's no funds left

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
The note 2 has NFC also

Yes, but you cannot use Google wallet without an complicated hack, at least on ATT. All carriers but sprint have blocked Google wallet because they are all behind ISIS a competing NFC payment system.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Yes, but you cannot use Google wallet without an complicated hack, at least on ATT. All carriers but sprint have blocked Google wallet because they are all behind ISIS a competing NFC payment system.

Oh my bad didn't know what carrier yo note 2 was with.

tewest86

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

If you root its very easy to install. It took me 5 minutes and I have an Att Note 2. I know it works if you use Cleanrom. You need a good file explorer Root Explorer. I'm a rooting nooby and it took me 5 mins and it works.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
If you root its very easy to install. It took me 5 minutes and I have an Att Note 2. I know it works if you use Cleanrom. You need a good file explorer Root Explorer. I'm a rooting nooby and it took me 5 mins and it works.

I am rooted but rarely install ROMs. I like stock. Which hack did you install on your Note 2 to get Google Wallet working? The one I saw on XDA has like 20 steps to it...no need for me to do that, I have a Nexus 4!

Last edited:

tewest86

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I am rooted but rarely install ROMs. I like stock. Which hack did you install on your Note 2 to get Google Wallet working? The one I saw on XDA has like 20 steps to it...no need for me to do that, I have a Nexus 4!

Let me get the link. You'll have to read through the posts because the original post had maybe 15 steps but then a guy found s much simpler way with 5 steps

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke