Bye Bye Nexus 4 forum

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
If you look at all the bugs with 4.2.1 on galaxy nexus you would rather not get the update early. It broke tethering for some and Bluetooth for others and it slaughtered battery life.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

kingsway8605

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
That's the bottom line and the only reason not to own any other Android device other than a Nexus device.

Unfortunately i had to eat my words. I returned my nexus 4 and bought a note 2. The battery life was just no where near sufficient for me. I thought about it and realized it wouldn't even last me through a short airplane flight when you factor in airport waiting time. And when you consider that lithium batteries get worse over time, in one year it would be significantly worse.

Whats the good of getting an OS upgrade if the battery doesn't let you use it. The note easily lasts me all day and night. U don't even have to worry about battery life, if i want to use gps, i just use it. Hope y'all enjoy the nexus though, every person has different needs.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Doooshty

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
For those that Don't like this thread or this kind of thread I don't need your permission to tell others that I have communicated with and in some small way made friends with that I wont be around this part of Android Central much any more.

For those that are interested in what brought this about....
It was not so much something I did not like because I didn't know what was better or worse than the Nexus 4 vs the Note 2. I wanted the pen, sd card, otg and the larger screen. I now find I like the larger size as I have rather large hands. So with the Note 2 I don't keep accidentally pushing the buttons on the side of the phone. I also happen to like Touch Wiz as I have it on my GNote 10.1 and I am not really that concerned with quick updates or having the latest versions. I would have gotten a Note 2 in the first place If I could have afforded it unlocked. Which I could not but I could afford the Nexus 4. Now I found someone that bought a T-mobile Note 2 on contract because they could not afford a Nexus 4. They kept their contract and switched it to the Nexus 4. They requested the Note 2 be unlocked. So I got an unlocked Note 2 without a contract. Making it was a win win situation for us.

As I use the Note 2 I find that the calls made using Talkatone over WiFi are much better quality without having to make any adjustments other than to increase the speaker settings in Talkatone when speaking to my wife as she speaks very softly. The Note 2 does not have the mic gain problem that the Nexus 4 has.

I find the screen of the Note 2 to be quite a bit cooler in color than the Nexus 4. I am still not sure which I think is better color wise. Sharpness of text and images is so great on both as I can not see any thing but smooth curves no matter how hard I look. I can not see any dots on either screen so dpi and resolution are fine for me on both.

I don't like for the physical button on the Note 2. I would rather have the center button be the same as the menu and back buttons. Also I think it looks cheap. I love how the back and menu buttons are not on the screen and do not show but light when touched. I find the arrangement of the buttons on the Note 2 better for me. On the Nexus 4 the back button always seemed to be on the wrong side. Of course the real estate of the screen is awesome the thinner frame around the screen makes the phone look even bigger than it is.

I don't like the fact the Note 2 uses S-Beam instead of Android Beam as they don't work together as far as I can tell. My wife has an Xperia Acro S using Android beam and we were able to beam some pictures sometimes between it and the Nexus 4 via NFC and Android Beam but we can't beam pictures using S-Beam and Android Beam between the Xperia Acro S and the Note 2. We were able to beam a Youtube but really that just beamed the link and opened up the Youtube player.

You can still share via NFC. I share with my sisters GSIII. You can't use S-beam because it uses a combo nfc/ad-hoc WiFi to transfer. If you have NFC sharing enabled it should work as far as I know

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Op...you could afford a can am spyder and not a unlocked gn2? Haha kidding totally understand the priority. I've been looking at them...spyders... myself. Would love your insight. Pm me if possible. Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

taj7575

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I love my Nexus 4, and have had it since the second batch shipped out, but I am starting to grow a bit weary of the issues it has. I think I will wait a bit longer, and perhaps for the Note 3, until I switch.

Pure Google is wonderful, but as I'm sure many of you have noticed, Google is trying to run around the OS fragmentation by releasing many of the "Nexus" applications/updates on the play store. That alone makes me want to switch. I love the pure Google experience, but it's lacking in many of the interesting features other custom Android OS's offer (yes, as crazy as it is to say, the custom operating systems do offer some cool features). I know my other option is to root and possibly upload a custom OS, but I really don't have that time in my hands right now.

Good choice by the way, and have fun with it!

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, most of the time these posts are just a troll fest.

Or, you could just post a sticky that says, "Goodbye, blah blah device" for ppl leaving the device thread, and they could thank ppl, state their reasons, say what device they're moving to" all in one place...

For me, i change devices sooooo often, i'd have a "goodbye post" on every one...lol

BTC

Chris2183

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I think you've been outvoted!

Op...you could afford a can am spyder and not a unlocked gn2? Haha kidding totally understand the priority. I've been looking at them...spyders... myself. Would love your insight. Pm me if possible. Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

I love my Nexus 4, and have had it since the second batch shipped out, but I am starting to grow a bit weary of the issues it has. I think I will wait a bit longer, and perhaps for the Note 3, until I switch.

Pure Google is wonderful, but as I'm sure many of you have noticed, Google is trying to run around the OS fragmentation by releasing many of the "Nexus" applications/updates on the play store. That alone makes me want to switch. I love the pure Google experience, but it's lacking in many of the interesting features other custom Android OS's offer (yes, as crazy as it is to say, the custom operating systems do offer some cool features). I know my other option is to root and possibly upload a custom OS, but I really don't have that time in my hands right now.

Good choice by the way, and have fun with it!

Or, you could just post a sticky that says, "Goodbye, blah blah device" for ppl leaving the device thread, and they could thank ppl, state their reasons, say what device they're moving to" all in one place...

For me, i change devices sooooo often, i'd have a "goodbye post" on every one...lol

BTC

You guys realize you are all replying to a thread from 6mos ago?