Nexus 4 factory reset - How to get photos back?

Lauren Heap

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Today I was having a few problems trying to access the Google play store so after reading forums I decided to factory reset the phone. I did this with my last phone and didn't lose any data however this time around I have lost every picture. Is there any way I can get these back?

Have been trying all night and not getting anywhere.

Beginning to wish it had an SD card already.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Chances are its gone, your dealing with flash memory and though some claim to have used programs to recover data I have never really heard any real success stories with smartphones and recovering lost or deleted data on flash memory. Its a different game compared to data written to disc on an internal/external hard drive where data still can be retrieved until its properly wiped using more advanced software.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately, their gone. Best thing to do moving forward is to set your sync account to sync the photos to Google+. Then if it happens again (any hard drive/phone can crash), you don't lose anything.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
As the others have said, unless you had some sort of photo cloud sync turned on, they're gone. Sorry. :( It's always a good idea to back up photos and the like before doing a factory reset on any phone. You never know when something will go haywire and you'll be forced to wipe everything. Google+, Picasa, and Dropbox can all automatically upload your photos to the cloud so you'll never lose them again. There are others out there, too.

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
As others have stated, if you didn't have automatic backup enabled, then, sorry, the photos are gone for good. :(

This is the only reason why I enabled automatic backup... If something happens with my phone I have all my photos backed up in the cloud.

I highly suggest you do the same from now on, God forbid you need to hard reset again or lose your phone...

Sent from my Nexus 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08