Keyboard

valpd

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I tried swift key. Some keys are in areas that I'm not used to. I guess I'll have to play around with it more. Seemed more troublesome than the N4 keyboard.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

wunderbar

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
You do realize that just because a keyboard *can * do the gesture typing doesn't mean you have to use it right? I use the stock keyboard and turned off the gesture typing.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

valpd

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
You do realize that just because a keyboard *can * do the gesture typing doesn't mean you have to use it right? I use the stock keyboard and turned off the gesture typing.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Yes, but I just find the stock keyboard difficult to use. The spacing could be better between the keys. SwiftKey seems to have a better understanding of what I want to type.

wunderbar

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Yes, but I just find the stock keyboard difficult to use. The spacing could be better between the keys. SwiftKey seems to have a better understanding of what I want to type.

Fair enough. Just the way you had worded your request seemed odd.

palitsyn

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Tried Swiftkey. Not bad and I probably could use it if they introduced an option to turn of suggestions above the keyboard. But to be honest, stock has been great since ICS.

valpd

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Tried Swiftkey. Not bad and I probably could use it if they introduced an option to turn of suggestions above the keyboard. But to be honest, stock has been great since ICS.

Suggestions seem overwhelming at times. I agree.

teletraan1

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
I tried using the stock keyboard when I got the Nexus 4, just to compare. Immediately put SwiftKey on. Can type so much faster with it. You really need to use it for a bit so it learns your typing style. Then the predictions become a lot more useful. And love the swipe to delete feature.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I tried swift key. Some keys are in areas that I'm not used to. I guess I'll have to play around with it more. Seemed more troublesome than the N4 keyboard.

try changing the theme to the Light one. I find it works better for me when I use this look o on swiftkey.

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

Very true

I think you can do this. Mess around with the options a bit. If you use "learn from" option, it will learn from your texts, email, Facebook and twitter how you type on each and the predictions will be tailored more towards words you often use and how you type. SwiftKey in my opinion is ahead of all the other keyboards I've used. They've won awards for that app.

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Why would you want to turn that off? That's the magic of the keyboard. It saves you tons of key strokes by using the predictions.