Dropping calls

Grizzle34

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
the last week or so the amount of calls that drop from my nexus 4 are unreal!!!

I thought it was the other persons mobile but it has been happening while i'm on the phone to my wifes work landline.

I'm getting so frustrated at it now google havent replied back to my concerns either.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
1) What is your signal strength like?

2) Stand in front of a mirror if necessary and check to be sure your screen is blanking while on a call with the phone held to your ear. If the screen is not blanking, you could be accidentally triggering the end call button through facial contact.

3) Are you using a screen protector? If so, what kind?

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Are you getting dropped calls in the same location consistently, or do they happen all over the place? Do you have another phone or a friend on the same cell service who can test with you? Just saying it could be your provider and not your phone.

DogPsyche

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Oh dear Grizz... And you waited so long for your N4!

Can't help I'm afraid - my N4 copes with calls great, even with a poor signal!

Sent from my Nexus 7

sam59

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Mine drops calls sometimes too. I have the replacement phone today and it does the same. Installed a signal checker app and it says -101dBm on both phones average.

Grizzle34

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
1) What is your signal strength like?

2) Stand in front of a mirror if necessary and check to be sure your screen is blanking while on a call with the phone held to your ear. If the screen is not blanking, you could be accidentally triggering the end call button through facial contact.

3) Are you using a screen protector? If so, what kind?

1) seems great its on HDSPA pretty much all the time and aside from the calls issue it really is a fantastic phone.

2) lol done this yesterday wife thought i was posing, screen is blanking straight away.

3) Yes after i order from Spigen uk it got lost in the post so ordered another from a different vendor its an Ultra Crystal Case.

Grizzle34

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Well after dropping calls everyday for the last 2 weeks i call'd google and got a replacement on its way, i cant call or receive calls for fear of it cutting off.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Do your dropped calls seem to coincide with when you got your screen protector? Maybe you could try taking it off while you wait on the replacement and see how it does.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63