Trying to get some sleep

Stephen Wilson1

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Weird thing. I get email notifications even when my Nexus 4 is completely powered down. It wakes me up at night. I have to power up, wait for the wifi to connect and then read the email. It's completely weird and I can't figure out how the device can receive emails and notify me without power or even a wifi connection. Seems like the 3G never shuts off maybe, even without power. Can someone help before I go nuts. -- Sleepless in Toronto

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
You sure the phone is turned completely off, not just the screen asleep?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

What he said ^^. To shut down the phone, first turn it on then hold the power button for several seconds until the popup menu appears. Select "Power off" and then OK. Tu turn it back on, you will need to hold the power button for about five seconds until you feel the haptic feedback then release; the phone will boot up.

A better choice might be to just silence the phone. Same as above but when the popup menu appears tap the speaker mute icon (bottom left). Or, with the phone on, simply hold the volume down button until the mute icon appears.

nelschroeder

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Aside from actually turning the phone off, why even wake up to answer an E-mail in the middle of the night? Just turn down the volume and take it off vibrate.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech