No 3G and dismal phone signal on Vodafone UK

sam59

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Calls dropping with dBm of -105 or worse, and no 3G at all. I rang vodafone who say there's an issue with the weather and their masts and it has been reported etc and to try again in 2 days.
Wish I had another SIM from eg O2 so I could test if it's the (replacement) phone or entirely the network. My phone is a replacement and google would need it back by Wednesday which doesn't give me time to get another SIM and test it.

Is anyone else on here in London and on vodafone and how is your signal (calls and 3G) please?
I got a very slow and feeble 3G signal while out, just checking email, but at home it's dead. YouTube etc impossible even when out.

They told me to set it up on 2G for the moment. Losing patience here.

Tabs85

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Calls dropping with dBm of -105 or worse, and no 3G at all. I rang vodafone who say there's an issue with the weather and their masts and it has been reported etc and to try again in 2 days.
Wish I had another SIM from eg O2 so I could test if it's the (replacement) phone or entirely the network. My phone is a replacement and google would need it back by Wednesday which doesn't give me time to get another SIM and test it.

Is anyone else on here in London and on vodafone and how is your signal (calls and 3G) please?
I got a very slow and feeble 3G signal while out, just checking email, but at home it's dead. YouTube etc impossible even when out.

They told me to set it up on 2G for the moment. Losing patience here.

Ahhhh....if you had asked me a few weeks ago...I'd be able to tell you...lol.

I dropped vodafone cause I realised I was paying far too much for far too little. Also their reception had started to get worse every month. A couple of years back, they were excellent.

Went with virgins 30 day rolling contract. ?12 a month, 1200 minutes, unlimited texts, 1 Gb data (which is more than enough for my use, but maybe not for you). Cancel whenever I want. The reception has been super.

In my area, even on 3G I get great signal and super speeds on the data: 20Mb/s down, 3.1Mb/s up.

If you want to check other networks, just get a free pay as you go sim from any networks website. Almost all of them provide sims for free.

Attachments

• IMG_20130125_155246.JPG
    IMG_20130125_155246.JPG
    22.8 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

palitsyn

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
It's Vodafone. I have been experiencing the same issues. My wife has an iPhone on vodafone and she has the same problem.

sam59

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I have a similar deal with voda as am out of SIM only contract. I'll try Tesco (oh dear ) as way back when, they had good 2g reception on my old phone. Virgin is T Mobile isn't it? They used to be awful in this part of London, but now they're with Orange it may be better.
My problem is time to organise and test the phone before google need it back if it's at fault.
Thanks for the suggestion

- - - Updated - - -

It's Vodafone. I have been experiencing the same issues. My wife has an iPhone on vodafone and she has the same problem.

Is this just lately or ongoing please? They're full of how it's "the weather" !

AbuYazeedUK

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I thought it's the Nexus with the issue because my BB is on Voda too and that has full signal 3G while the Nexus is constant dropping or weak.

sam59

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm now worried it's the phone as tried a Giffgaff SIM (piggy back on O2) and it's just as bad.
Can't keep buying mobile phones, only to find the 3G doesn't work. I'd love to try an iPhone 5, has to be said, to see if it works (and if the camera's better). Too expensive though.

Update: I've moved to Tesco SIM only. O2 coverage they use seems a lot better. I now have 3G coverage.

Last edited:

palitsyn

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
It's not the N4. My wife is having the same issues and she is on iPhone 4s. If you head over to the vodafone forums, complaints are all over the place. For the past 12 months if not longer, between 8am and 6pm, my 3G speeds would drop below 80KB.

I live and work in the City of London and Vodafone is useless. It's fine on weekends when I get 12mb, but that's because there aren't as many people.

So, this tuesday I switched to EE. AMAZING!!! So fast! I have a 16mb broadband at home and my phone is now getting 24mb :)