About to give up! AT&T APN settings

audibink

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
So I came from a AT&T Galaxy Note with a LTE plan. I just sold it to go with Nexus 4 and put my sim card in. I have tried just about every APN setting out there. I live in a good area with HSPA+ speeds and i'm lucky if I get 1mbps.

I am just looking for any new things to try or new APN Settings.

Thank you so much for your time and help.

ShockG911

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
So I came from a AT&T Galaxy Note with a LTE plan. I just sold it to go with Nexus 4 and I have tried just about every APN setting out there. I live in a good area with HSPA+ speeds and i'm lucky if I get 1mbps.

I am just looking for any new things to try or new APN Settings.

Thank you so much for your time and help.

Have you tried this? I just did it and it works fine for me. And are you sure its not your sim card?

http://forums.androidcentral.com/google-nexus-4/246535-updated-apn-setting.html

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm guessing something needs to be changed with how your account is registered at ATT. Maybe you are pointing internally in their network towards LTE, which obviously won't work. Have you tried seeing an actual ATT rep in an actual store?

dan1431

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Very odd, I am an Unlimited LTE plan and both the phone and pta APNs works perfectly fine for me without any other intervention from at&t.

I wish I could see at&t's back end and get a better idea where this stuff goes wrong.

Dan

audibink

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm guessing something needs to be changed with how your account is registered at ATT. Maybe you are pointing internally in their network towards LTE, which obviously won't work. Have you tried seeing an actual ATT rep in an actual store?

I have not been to a store yet. I am on unlimited data so I was trying to avoid it but maybe it's time to go in. It's just the web/ download speed that is terrible. Talk, Text works great.

ShockG911

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I have not been to a store yet. I am on unlimited data so I was trying to avoid it but maybe it's time to go in. It's just the web/ download speed that is terrible. Talk, Text works great.

Yeah, go to the store. I used to be a sales rep at AT&T and 9 out of 10 times it was the sim card

audibink

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, go to the store. I used to be a sales rep at AT&T and 9 out of 10 times it was the sim card

I have a brand new micro sim. Can I just call them? So what phone does AT&T think I have now? Do I have to come up with a IMIE #? Or do I just give them the new number off the new sim and go my way?

vietalogy

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I have a brand new micro sim. Can I just call them? So what phone does AT&T think I have now? Do I have to come up with a IMIE #? Or do I just give them the new number off the new sim and go my way?

I had to change my unlimited lte data plan to hspa.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I had a terrible time with my Nexus 4 on AT&T under my plan so I just dropped data from my line. I just use T-Mobile now and getting a lot better service for $30 a month.

audibink

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I had a terrible time with my Nexus 4 on AT&T under my plan so I just dropped data from my line. I just use T-Mobile now and getting a lot better service for $30 a month.

couple months left then I will be doing that.

I'm trying just about everything. Still terrible speeds. New sim, correct plan, different APN's still striking out.

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
OK new sim and changed my plan to 4g HSPA and said they provisioned my plan. Time to try APN settings again!
Hmm. Does anyone else find it a little odd that AT&T has to provision 4G HSPA+ and 4G LTE plans separately? Why is that? You have the amount of data you have. Wouldn't what kind of data you are using depend on your device's capability and whether you're in a given area?

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Hmm. Does anyone else find it a little odd that AT&T has to provision 4G HSPA+ and 4G LTE plans separately? Why is that? You have the amount of data you have. Wouldn't what kind of data you are using depend on your device's capability and whether you're in a given area?

Yeah ive still yet to figure out why they have a different plan for every network type. Itd make sense to lump them together as the system already can tell what the phones capabilities are.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site

Because AT&T sucks ass! They have the worst customer service I have ever experienced with a company, and their data service is not much better than their customer service. I left them and switched to TMobile. Data speeds range between 2 and 3 times faster (ranging from 9 to 20 mbps). I thought the reception was going to be terrible, but so far (after almost 2 months), I've been amazed. Even driving through no-mans-land in rural AL, as well as TN, I've had constant cell service, and when I lost H+, I still had Edge for data (not fast, but it's there). GPS navigation NEVER failed, which is my only real concern when a trip sends me well outside of any city. I'd say screw your last few months, get happy on a carrier that will make your phone fly.

ShockG911

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
OK new sim and changed my plan to 4g HSPA and said they provisioned my plan. Time to try APN settings again!

That is really weird. Is your terrible speeds everywhere or only in a certain location? Reason why i'm asking is because I have perfect coverage in my area(thats what the coverage map says) and I barely get 1-2 bars. Dont go by the coverage map distributed by AT&T.

Now if your speeds are terrible everywhere, it must be your phone. I'd call LG and see what they say before you stress yourself out even more. Lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia