Live Wallpapers

eco7

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
@ Hi ALL,

Can someone tell me were to put a live wallpaper that I got from my little sister? I don't see any folder inside Internal storage.

Thanks

Will_C

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
If it is a .apk file you need to download some sort of file manager from the market (linda or astro for example) and find the file on your phone in there, it should be installable through that.
If you are familiar with ADB you can just do ./adb install (whatever the live wallpaper is called).apk

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
like said above or email the apk to yoursel and open it from the gmail app. it will download and can be installed.

try and avoid install from external source. get the same app from google play store.

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
you also use airdroid or you can use google drive or something to upload and then download. Airdroid is best when sending files from computer to mobile. Like he said install with file manager and also when you want to uninstall go to your applications and go to alla nd uninstall from there

eco7

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
If it is a .apk file you need to download some sort of file manager from the market (linda or astro for example) and find the file on your phone in there, it should be installable through that.
If you are familiar with ADB you can just do ./adb install (whatever the live wallpaper is called).apk

@ Thanks to ALL,

I installed File Manager and it looks lovely, thanks. After installment Google asked me if I want to give permission to the Live Wallpaper software to collect my informaation and to my Google payment, ect, ect......IS This normal?

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
@ Thanks to ALL,

I installed File Manager and it looks lovely, thanks. After installment Google asked me if I want to give permission to the Live Wallpaper software to collect my informaation and to my Google payment, ect, ect......IS This normal?

I dont think so... I mean weird apps that i trust want to look through my call log and contacts even though they have no reason to do so. I don't think live wallpapers should have any permissions

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
@ Thanks to ALL,

NO!! There is no reason a Live Wallpaper needs that sort of info. None of the ones I have downloaded have wanted that so I would not use that myself. It may be harmless but I personally don't think a Live Wallpaper is worth the risk. If the Live Wallpaper is available in the Google Store then they should explain why they need the permissions they ask for (which others like Blue Skies do). If the Live Wallpaper isn't even in the store then I'd be even more suspicious.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo