Straight talk question

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
So I'm planning on getting the N4 next month and was looking to get the ST ATT, but when I go to their website and enter my zipcode to buy the sim card I only see the tmobile. Everyone in my area has good ATT coverage. What is this supposed to mean? Should I go to walmart or does this somehow mean there is no ST ATT coverage in my area?

mattg67

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hmm I got the same thing weird, not sure what to tell you. When I ordered mine I had both options. Also as long as you have ATT coverage the ST ATT sim will work just fine.

ErickMendez

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
That probably means T mobile is recommended for your area .. and for what ive seen attnt average 2-5 mbs on nexus 4 for and Tmobile 8-15 mbs download

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
If you really want T-Mobile or ATT, just keep putting different zip codes until you get one that works.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

sprof

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I live in a ST AT&T area but not able to order the AT&T SIM either. I used to be able to choose AT&T phone, T-Mobile phone or unlocked.

uploadfromtaptalk1359291080905.jpg

I chose unlocked and my only option was T-Mobile.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Android Central Forums

Nonymous666

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
It looks like they've changed the website. There used to be a 4th choice... "AT&T Compatible Phone". So, you used to be able choose T-Mobile compatible to get a TMO sim, or choose AT&T Compatible to get a ATT sim, or choose Unlocked GSM Phone and then enter in your zip to get a sim they thought offered best coverage in the zip code area. No more AT&T choice for some reason.

Nonymous666

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Something seems wrong with the website. I just entered in my zip, and it then takes me to a disclaimer page warning me that I need an unlocked phone and no refunds on the sim they send me. I hit Continue button and it bounces me back to the home page. Last month, it offerered me an ATT sim at this point - that's how I got the ATT sim that's in my phone right now.

Bratigan

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
It looks like they have made a change. I don't see ATT any longer as well. I do see TMobile. I know that only ATT has 4G in my area based on the online maps. TMobile is just out
of reach. I checked the Walmart site and saw that the ATT sim and Bundle are no longer in stock online. My wish would be for TMobile to actually have expanded their coverage in my area
based on the contract deal they had with Crown Castle. TMobile sold their towers to Crown Castle, does this mean that Tmobile has space on the existing CC towers? Hard to know yet.

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Wow, that's weird! I just ordered their AT&T service here in GA a week ago online and no issues. I just went back on the site and did the same as you guys and sure enough, after I entered my zip code, I'm only prompted with a pic to order a TMobile SIM. Funny tho in the fine print at the bottom it mentions stuff about AT&T and TMobile???
I'm glad I got mine as TMobile prepaid sucked for me so I had to change to ST AT&T and been very happy with their service and data connection.

Although, I just went on Walmart.com and see you can still buy AT&T SIMs for $14.95 or an AT&T SIM/plan for $54.95, so looks like you can see get it from Walmart.

I wonder why they pulled AT&T SIMs/plans on their website??????

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Well I still see them in stock on walmart. So that's good.

You know what I bet it is. I went back to Walmart and noticed that the AT&T micro SIM and AT&T micro SIM/plan were greyed out saying "Out of Stock". If you look, the two AT&T products are for the regular SIM and/or plan! So that's why I think they pulled it from their website.