How good is the nexus 4s battery?

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm gonna be coming from a iPhone 5 and I wonder how the nexus 4's battery stacks up to that. Is it about the same? Worse?

Also, is there any recommended cases for the nexus 4? I don't think any stores sell any and the only thing the google play store has is the bumper case. I want a actual quality case.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Amazon for the cases or ebay. Looking forward to seeing the battery life on the Nexus 4. I know it will not be as long as my Note 2 but I have heard such differing accounts I an looking forward to seeing for myself.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
IPhone batteries generally last longer than Android batteries, it's one of the small tradeoffs for having such enormous control over the whole system.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

boparunsxc

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I get pretty good battery life with moderate use... about 10-14 hours. Pretty much any android device needs to be charged every night so that you can use it all day the next day. As for cases, the S-line TPU case does the trick for me... its about $5, fits pretty well and provides protection against most drops and pockets (no cracks or scratches for me yet, knock on wood).

siriusnoodles

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
My nexus 4 retains charge well while it's in standby mode. When I actually use it, be it for reading or browsing web pages, I usually get 8 - 9 hours out of it. When playing games or going on a youtube binge, it lasts about 5 hours.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
IPhone batteries generally last longer than Android batteries, it's one of the small tradeoffs for having such enormous control over the whole system.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

not entirely true. my ipnone friend always complain about battery drain from 100% to 0% in 14 hours. same with few of my other other friends.

I get 2 days standby time with ~2.5 hrs screen and ~30 minutes talk time

Last edited:

wunderbar

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
when it comes to smartphones, any smartphone, it is very much a case of YMMV. I find that on a day of moderate use on a phone of any platform (iPhone, Android, Windows Phone), battery life will be roughly the same now.

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I usually plug my phone in every night before I go to bed anyway, so maybe it won't be a big deal. I was just curious if the battery on the nexus 4 was atleast good enough for the whole day. I remember back in the day I actually had a HTC Inspire, and it's battery life was pathetic. That's when I traded it in for a iPhone 4.

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
battery doesnt really impress me. i get about a days worth of use. was thinking on par but lately maybe my iphone 4s was a little better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC