Facebook not working on WiFi

AbuYazeedUK

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Sorry if it has been asked before I searched but couldn't find anything (I'm on my phone). Facebook keeps getting network error on WiFi but works fine on data. Anyone else had any issues? Was working fine before on same settings, ROM, kernel etc

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Sorry if it has been asked before I searched but couldn't find anything (I'm on my phone). Facebook keeps getting network error on WiFi but works fine on data. Anyone else had any issues? Was working fine before on same settings, ROM, kernel etc

They had an outage earlier. Try your browser and type the full http address not just facebook.com. I just read an article on Tech Crunch about the outage.

What?! ...I'm msndrstood.
via Gnex

AbuYazeedUK

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I should've mentioned it works fine on the browser it's the app that's not working, probably still something to do with the outage. Thanks.

MobileMadness002

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Okay, did you reset the router or yesterday to see if you can browse Internet while continuing nested to the router.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

AbuYazeedUK

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Okay, did you reset the router or yesterday to see if you can browse Internet while continuing nested to the router.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

The router did reset itself a couple of times (these Virgin Super Hubs are rubbish) I reboot the router now and see what happens.

EDIT: It opened up the feed i got a couple of notifications but it didn't refresh (network error) again.

Last edited:

Haunted_Toaster

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
My wife has been having the same issue in her Droid 4 for about a month. Works fine on data, but won't work on WiFi. All her other apps are fine on WiFi.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

AbuYazeedUK

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm connected to a different WiFi and it's working, just not working on my home WiFi. Weird.

EDIT: Just got home and it seems to be working on WiFi now.

Last edited: