January 29th Order Tracking Thread

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Hate to be a downer but don't get your hopes up. My bumper was "shipped" on December 12th and I've had the UPS yellow box of death since. As already stated by others, Google has a history so far with not being precise with their shipping notifications and protocols.

Mine shows delivery for tomorrow per ups

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk

ibbyj

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I am in Chicago, I bought at 1pm yesterday and have heard nothing except first email with the order number...

Begoqui

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I ordered mine yesterday (8GB)
Order Date: January 29, 2013 2:04:43 PM UTC-5 (I'm from Florida)
The device is linked to my account & I haven't received any tracking number yet. :(

3inchnipps

Banned
Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
So as soon as people get their devices let's see some pics with proof. I just spoke with a higher up at Google, they don't beleive us after linking him to this thread, he says it takes at least 2 days to process and another 2 to ship...so be sure to leave your comment, they are watching!

I ordered my device at 12:24 eastern and got nothing? No tracking no nothing...and they already spent my mula!_

ibbyj

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I emailed them asking why I was charged before it shipped and I just got a generic response telling me that I could expect my phone in the 1-2 week time period. I KNOW that, but I want to know why I was already charged without it shipping. Am I being impatient? Yes. But, don't say one thing and then do another.

tumblr_m1u6naYktr1r7nz3jo1_500.gif

wvcadle

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't care enough to provide proof. What I can tell you is that I live in WV, and the phone is originating from Louisville, KY. And kudos to you for being the only person outside of Google, in the known world, to have access to a 'higher up' at Google. I would ask you to inquire with that person as to why my phone will be here tomorrow but my bumper shows no updates, but knowing him or her obviously hasn't done you any good.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

rupam95

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Order mine on 1/29/13 at around 3:00 pm and yet to receive any Tracking info or any other messages! (I only received the first e-mail; says shipping estimate: February 13, 2013)
I'm in NYC.

Last edited:

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I don't care enough to provide proof. What I can tell you is that I live in WV, and the phone is originating from Louisville, KY. And kudos to you for being the only person outside of Google, in the known world, to have access to a 'higher up' at Google. I would ask you to inquire with that person as to why my phone will be here tomorrow but my bumper shows no updates, but knowing him or her obviously hasn't done you any good.

Don't expect to be able to make sense of how these orders are processed. I ordered my phone on launch day about 5 minutes after it went on sale, and tried to order the bumper at the same time but it wasn't available. I checked the page again 15 minutes later, the bumper was available, and I placed a separate order for it. Guess what happened? The bumper arrived 3 days before the phone :/

Double Tap

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
Order mine on 1/29/13 at around 3:00 pm and yet to receive any Tracking info or any other messages! (I only received the first e-mail; says shipping estimate: February 13, 2013)
I'm at NYC.

I am in NYC and I ordered 1 PM yesterday. I received notice from UPS via email that delivery EOD tomorrow.

I am setup to receive notifications of all shipping to me from UPS. Anyone can go to their website and get setup the same way.

siczek.p

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Dang it. I ordered at 12:31 EST yesterday and ordered the bumper 5 minutes later. I am supposed to receive the bumper tomorrow but no notification on the phone itself. #boonexus

thisfnguy

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Mine was ordered for my wife so its not linked to my account, and I still haven't received a shipping notice.

I suspect its a geographical limitation, they're probably shipping stuff from hubs. If you're close to a hub you'll get it sooner.

I'm guessing, but I imagine large organizations like Google have deals with the carriers so that they don't flood the system with mass shipments. For example say they have a huge warehouse in the Chicago area with a bunch of stock, if you live in Chicago you'll get it put straight into the carriers system and you get it the next day, if you live in WA, they collect the days worth of orders going to WA (say 10,000 orders) box it up in one container and ship it to Seattle. Then it enters the UPS system at a different point in the system, closer to its destination, but a couple of days after it really started moving towards the customer.
BOOOOOO what the heck do you know I wish I could dislike this post. I'm furious because I ordered within like 30min-1hr of it being restocked and did not get a shipping notification.

PS. If you are a real postman I demand proof of credentials.

wvcadle

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Dang it. I ordered at 12:31 EST yesterday and ordered the bumper 5 minutes later. I am supposed to receive the bumper tomorrow but no notification on the phone itself. #boonexus

Mine is exactly opposite. Guess if I had to choose, I'd rather have it the way it's going for me, lest I have a bumper to stare through while waiting on my phone.

MangoDuTango

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I ordered mine yesterday at 9:35 am pst, nothing's happened yet, I find it strange how it seem that people who waited to order have started to get their shipping conformations already while those who ordered as soon as the phone was available as still waiting...
I don't necessarily mind waiting but I've been waiting so long for an opportunity to order.

nexus89

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Checked UPS earlier for tracking and it said it was scheduled for Friday but it is expected to arrive early and lists tomorrow by end of day

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech