January 29th Order Tracking Thread

ibbyj

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
The only thing I don't understand here is that during checkout it said we wouldn't be charged until the device shipped. I was charged nearly immediately...

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
The only thing I don't understand here is that during checkout it said we wouldn't be charged until the device shipped. I was charged nearly immediately...

Same here! My card was charged almost immediately. What gives with that? Yet my status has a ship date of Feb 13, like most everyone else who ordered yesterday. Hmm that's weird Google.

AtomicFrost

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I also received a UPS tracking number early this morning at 4:33 AM, but the number wasn't working yet. However, my tracking number is now working, and the package is set to arrive tomorrow! :D

For reference my order time on the 29 was 12:49:47 PM EST, and I ordered both the 16GB Nexus 4 and the bumper. Also, I didn't have them link the phone to my account.

My only worry is that the package only weighs 1.2 lbs, and I ordered both the Nexus 4 and the bumper. Seems a bit light for both items.

Everyone check your UPS tracking numbers!!!

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
1-2 week for delivery my ass! I ordered last night close to 8PM PST and it's already on the truck to be delivered tomorrow. Google is making up for past let downs!

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
They've certainly had a steep learning curve. Hopefully this is a sign that they are finally getting the hang of retail. Of course, it could just be luck. :p

sonicresidue

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Hate to be a downer but don't get your hopes up. My bumper was "shipped" on December 12th and I've had the UPS yellow box of death since. As already stated by others, Google has a history so far with not being precise with their shipping notifications and protocols.

That's more an issue with UPS perhaps. Sounds like a phone call is in order.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

wvcadle

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Mine is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow too! Of course, in a numskull move, I forgot to order the bumper until half an hour after I ordered the phone, and still haven't even gotten the first email about it yet.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

erjennin

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
I also received a UPS tracking number early this morning at 4:33 AM, but the number wasn't working yet. However, my tracking number is now working, and the package is set to arrive tomorrow! :D

For reference my order time on the 29 was 12:49:47 PM EST, and I ordered both the 16GB Nexus 4 and the bumper. Also, I didn't have them link the phone to my account.

My only worry is that the package only weighs 1.2 lbs, and I ordered both the Nexus 4 and the bumper. Seems a bit light for both items.

Everyone check your UPS tracking numbers!!!

I ordered mine before you by about 1 hour and still nothing... guess it's not first come first serve huh?

Mike16qam

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Mine's scheduled for delivery by EOD tomorrow. Ordered before noon CST yesterday, shipped to Chicago.

Looks like they had a stockpile waiting to unleash.

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
That's more an issue with UPS perhaps. Sounds like a phone call is in order.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Unfortunately, it's a confirmed Google issue, not UPS. A lot of history and a long ticket regarding it. But I'm not going to steer this thread off course with that. Was just giving a heads up.

AtomicFrost

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I ordered mine before you by about 1 hour and still nothing... guess it's not first come first serve huh?

Hmmmm I wonder why that is? Google really should be shipping these things first in first out. Did you have Google link the Nexus 4 to your account? I wonder if that slows down the shipping of the device.

neo29

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Would I get my Nexus 4?
Ok, here is the thing. I was eagerly waiting for the Neuxs 4 page to update yesterday and once it updated, I jumped and placed my order right away. Today I remember that I had updated the billing address on my credit card last week and the information on Google Wallet is stale. I called up my bank to verify if my transaction got through and they said there is a pending transaction for $392.94 corresponding to the order. The representative added that he couldn't confirm if the transaction would complete and asked me to check with Google to make sure it would. I called up Google and the customer care person said I have to wait 48 hours more to see if my order went through or not. I see that people who had placed orders around the same time as I have already began receiving shipping confirmations. Now I'm worried. Should I just place another order to be on the safer side?

PostmanPat

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Hmmmm I wonder why that is? Google really should be shipping these things first in first out. Did you have Google link the Nexus 4 to your account? I wonder if that slows down the shipping of the device.

Mine was ordered for my wife so its not linked to my account, and I still haven't received a shipping notice.

I suspect its a geographical limitation, they're probably shipping stuff from hubs. If you're close to a hub you'll get it sooner.

I'm guessing, but I imagine large organizations like Google have deals with the carriers so that they don't flood the system with mass shipments. For example say they have a huge warehouse in the Chicago area with a bunch of stock, if you live in Chicago you'll get it put straight into the carriers system and you get it the next day, if you live in WA, they collect the days worth of orders going to WA (say 10,000 orders) box it up in one container and ship it to Seattle. Then it enters the UPS system at a different point in the system, closer to its destination, but a couple of days after it really started moving towards the customer.

Last edited:

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Mine is linked to my account and is due to arrive tomorrow by end of day per ups site which means 7pm lol that was a fast turn around.

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk