Receiving a text

Damo1888

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
When you receive a text, do you get an alert along the lines of "Text Received" and the sender's name on the lock screen? Are you able to see a preview of the text on the lock screen?

Is it possible for someone to take a screenshot of what the lock screen looks like when a text is received?

Cheers.

Reptile1990

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
It's not on your lock screen, it stays blank as far as I can remember. The senders name along with the first sentence or two of their message pops up in the notification bar then goes away after a second.

Damo1888

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
It's not on your lock screen, it stays blank as far as I can remember. The senders name along with the first sentence or two of their message pops up in the notification bar then goes away after a second.

Thanks, that's what I feared. I just couldn't get used to that on the Desire.

Rizy7

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
When you get a notification, your phone will notify you via ringtone, vibrate. You will also get a notification light flashing at the bottom. Out of the box your messages wont appear on the lockscreen but you can add a widget so you can quickly view your messages without unlocking the phone. Also, if you have no password to unlock, you can simply swipe down the notification bar from the lockscreen as well to access your messages.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC