Two Nexus 4 questions.

S-Doo-1965

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
1. Does it take the same SIM card as my Galaxy Note? (the orginal Note)
2. Will AT&T Messages work on it?

I'm picking my Nexus 4 from UPS tomorrow and I couldn't be more excited. (Nerd rage knowing it's sitting on a shelf a few blocks away and having to wait)

Last edited:

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
1. Does it take the same SIM card as my Galaxy Note? (the orginal Note)
2. Will AT&T Messages work on it?

I'm picking my Nexus 4 from UPS tomorrow and I couldn't be more excited. (Nerd rage knowing it's sitting on a shelf a few blocks away and not having to wait)

1. original GN sim wont work with Nexus 4. nexus 4 used micro sim.

all you have to do is go to ATT ask for micro sim and activate it right from there. insert sim in N4 and use it. very simle. I did it that way.

2. what do you mean ATT message? normal text messages??? yes, normal text message will work on nexus 4

Last edited:

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
The att visual voice mail app does not work on the nexus 4 even if you sideload the apk. If you mean the att messaging app, I have no idea, I would never use it.

+1 from above on the SIM.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317

Beacio_mo

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
For visual voicemail service, I'd recommend using Google Voice. It's free and any message will pop up on any phone or tablet it's setup on. Quite convenient if you keep your Note.

S-Doo-1965

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
I plan to keep my Note. Where can I get a SIM adapter all the cool kids are talking about?

Run, do NOT walk, and get a Nexus 7. You can thank me later.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I plan to keep my Note. Where can I get a SIM adapter all the cool kids are talking about?

Run, do NOT walk, and get a Nexus 7. You can thank me later.
you have to get a micro sim from ATT and then buy a Micro sim to normal sim adaptor. use the adaptor when you want to use the sim in Note.

use amazon. its no more than $3

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Ugh so does this mean I will have to go and get a micro SIM as well? I currently have the Galaxy S2 Skyrocket on AT&T. I hope they don't give you trouble at the store.

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Ugh so does this mean I will have to go and get a micro SIM as well? I currently have the Galaxy S2 Skyrocket on AT&T. I hope they don't give you trouble at the store.

I just got mine cut so I can still swap between devices that use different sizes by putting them together.

daniel2744

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
They shouldn't give you any trouble. When I was on At&t I walked in and got my micro sim. Easy and simple as the other guy said.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

deichenlaub

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I I just got mine cut

Some SIM cards can be cut. Others cannot. I depends on whether your card has a 6-pad or 8-pad lead frame.

They shouldn't give you any trouble. When I was on At&t I walked in and got my micro sim.

+1. Given how easy it is, why not just get a new SIM. Save your receipt. It has your IMSI and ICCID numbers. They can come in handy.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
You can get a sim cutter from amazon for $5 and it will come with a few adapters. It is easy to cut, but tricky to use the adapters. I always felt like the SIM was going to get stuck in the gnote with an adapter. I learned how put the SIM into the gnote without the adapter by lining up the SIM on the contacts. There is enough friction to hold it in place if you do not shake the phone etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317

S-Doo-1965

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Holy crap this is the best phone ever. I'm not going to need a sim adapter. The Note will be WiFi only.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums