Which carriers are you using the Nexus 4 with? (T-Mobile & its MVNO or AT&T and its MVNO?)

Which carriers are you using the Nexus 4 with?

• Total voters

BookReader2

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Which carriers are you using the Nexus 4 with? (T-Mobile & its MVNO or AT&T and its MVNO?)

T-Mobile and its MVNO include:

T-Mobile (contract)
T-Mobile 4G prepaid
T-Mobile Gosmart prepaid
Straight Talk (T-Mobile network)
Solavei
Simple Mobile
Net10 (T-mobile network)

etc...

AT&T and its MVNO include:

AT&T contract
AT&T prepaid
StraightTalk (AT&T network)
H20 Wireless
Net10 (AT&T network)
etc....

List of United States mobile virtual network operators - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

p.s. When Amazon start selling its own smartphone (it's coming), there is a very good chance that it will become a MVNO, similar to Wal-Mart with StraightTalk.

$45 a month for unlimited talk, text, 3GB of data and Amazon Prime subscription.

or

$45 a month for unlimited talk, text, 3GB of data and unlimited music download (Amazon version of Spotify/Rhapsody). The music labels are allowing MetroPCS to bundle Rhapsody with its wireless plan for just $5 a month. So it won't cost the full $10. Likewise, the music labels would love to have Amazon bundle Amazon version of Rhapsody.

or

$50 a month for unlimited talk, text, 5GB of data, Amazon Prime subscription and Amazon version of Rhapsody/Spotify.

Last edited:

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Re: Which carriers are you using the Nexus 4 with? (T-Mobile & its MVNO or AT&T and its MVNO?)

Att post paid but not on contract. Need the LTE! I can tolerare the HSPA+ on my N4 for days at a time but then need to go back to my note 2!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317

runtmms

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Which carriers are you using the Nexus 4 with? (T-Mobile & its MVNO or AT&T and its MVNO?)

I 'my using Solavei with no complaints.

It will be interesting to see what amazon does. I have a fire hd and really like it for what it is, but I wouldn't want the same OS limitations for my phone.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

p.s. When Amazon start selling its own smartphone (it's coming), there is a very good chance that it will become a MVNO, similar to Wal-Mart with StraightTalk.

$45 a month for unlimited talk, text, 3GB of data and Amazon Prime subscription.

or

$45 a month for unlimited talk, text, 3GB of data and unlimited music download (Amazon version of Spotify/Rhapsody). The music labels are allowing MetroPCS to bundle Rhapsody with its wireless plan for just $5 a month. So it won't cost the full $10. Likewise, the music labels would love to have Amazon bundle Amazon version of Rhapsody.

or

$50 a month for unlimited talk, text, 5GB of data, Amazon Prime subscription and Amazon version of Rhapsody/Spotify.

Uh... where are you getting this Amazon pricing information from?

BookReader2

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site

Uh... where are you getting this Amazon pricing information from?

conjecture only.

Amazon is 99.9% making a smartphone and selling it at low profit margin/break even like the Kindle Fire. It might want to go into the MVNO business too similar to Wal-Mart and Kroger.

As for bundling music with a smartphone plan, Cricket Muve Music is doing that and it has over 1.2 million paying subscribers in the USA. More than Spotify and more than Rhapsody. Amazon might be looking to do the same in order to protect their "music selling" business which right now is just CD and MP3. But streaming music is now on the verge of being "big time."

Amazon MVNO pricing will be very aggressive in order to gain marketshare.

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

Att post paid but not on contract. Need the LTE! I can tolerare the HSPA+ on my N4 for days at a time but then need to go back to my note 2!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317
Just curious what you do on your phone that requires LTE so badly?

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site

Verizon

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

vietalogy

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site

At&t

Sent from my Nexus 4

Nonymous666

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

AT&T and ST for me. I really wanted to go directly with T-Mobile (their $30 5GB plan), so gave it a month, but coverage just didn't cut it. AT&T's direct prices are insane. So, ST it is.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

Just curious what you do on your phone that requires LTE so badly?

An impatient personality. I have had LTE since November 2011 when it launched here in DFW. Almost every city has LTE here in Texas. I just like my data to be fast. I also check 8 security camera at my home though the day and that takes some serious horsepower from the network. But like I said I can take the HSPA+ for a few days, especially on the weekends when I do not use much data and am on wifi a lot.

Last edited:

BookReader2

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site

T-Mobile and its MVNO 18------56.25%
AT&T and its MVNO 12----------37.50%

maryjane2300

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site

AT&T.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

Straight talk AT&T for me.
Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

petaf

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site

AT&T! No complaints.

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site

Straight talk T-Mobile

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site

AT&T, no issues. The nano-SIM from my iPhone 5 is in an adapter and it worked perfectly just dropping it into the Nexus 4. No LTE where I live, have to drive 10 miles south towards DC for that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1