December 31 1969

danielcj

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
For some reason i get an email on my yahoo account with that date stamp. Doesn't seem to matter who the sender is. Although it is usually from someone sending a mass email. I get that same email on my gmail account and it is fine. Very strange. Anybody else seen that?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
go to yahoo mail on web(PC) and see if it says the same.
if it still says December 31 1969 then the problem is with yahoo server itself and not on your phone.

danielcj

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Bummer... It appears fine on my PC. This is the second message from the same sender that has 4pm Dec 31 1969 stamp. Very odd. Any suggestions?

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Bummer... It appears fine on my PC. This is the second message from the same sender that has 4pm Dec 31 1969 stamp. Very odd. Any suggestions?

seems like a yahoo app bug then. report it to yahoo. can you post a screenshot?

Last edited:

danielcj

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
OK here it is. Seems to be only from this sender.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359653822324.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359653822324.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 110

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
If you clear the Google Service Framework and then check for System Updates, it will say "Last checked for update on 12/31/1969". Maybe it's a dafault Android date?

AtomicFrost

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
After doing a bit of Googleing it seems that 12/31/1969 is the default error date in Unix. (It's the day before Unix launched.) It seems that this error is caused when your phones email client can't read the actual send date due to an issue with the email header information.

Have the people sending you the emails check their email client to make sure it's setup correctly.

If that doesn't work:

Other people have been having the issue for an unknown reason.

Also, are you forwarding your Yahoo email to the default email client on your phone (POP3, IMAP, etc), or are you using the Yahoo mail app?

danielcj

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The same email goes to another gmail address and it comes up fine. Plus the time stamp is correct on yahoo.com. I am using the default android email client. Too many bad reviews for the yahoo app.

Not a real big deal but thought it was kinda weird. Also lately I've been getting cannot sign in notifications to another yahoo account. Ended up deleting and adding back the account and all seems to be fine now. Maybe I will do the same for this account too.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Unix time (a.k.a. POSIX time) is a referential time format representing the number of seconds since January 1, 1970, at 00:00:00 UTC (midnight). It's used in many Unix-based operating systems as well as others, some file formats, and in languages such as Java, C, and PHP.

Seeing this time doesn't necessarily indicate a problem on the client-side (the phone), or on the server side (Yahoo's mail server), as both systems likely use Unix time.

I would agree that it's likely an issue with the application, meaning Yahoo will probably have to issue a fix to resolve it.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Probably the phone on its reboot. My htc said some date like Jan 29th 19something when i rebooted it out of reception but when it go reception corrected itself.

Steven Auringer

Feb 19, 2017
Visit site
For some reason i get an email on my yahoo account with that date stamp. Doesn't seem to matter who the sender is. Although it is usually from someone sending a mass email. I get that same email on my gmail account and it is fine. Very strange. Anybody else seen that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo