What rev phones are Google sending out in this batch?

robf94

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Me too, I ordered one yesterday and I'm hoping I won't get this earpiece buzzing that everyone is on about, unless it's really not noticeable at all and people are making a big deal about it

Rizy7

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Me too, I ordered one yesterday and I'm hoping I won't get this earpiece buzzing that everyone is on about, unless it's really not noticeable at all and people are making a big deal about it

I have a rev 11 device and have no buzzing at all.. but im not too sure if its a problem with a particular rev or just random

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
i got rev 11 in january (beginning of) and i've heard that the rev 12 on and is the only phone that supports Qi wireless charger (or just a specific one, i'm just saying all wireless charging) so i think it might be rev 12.
I was going to ask this question but i put it off until people actually recieved their phone. Trying to get an RMA and i'd rather have a rev 12 with less problems than having a larger chance to RMA with a rev 11. Got all these white slashes on my screen appearing from time to time, the volume rocker is too loose, there is still the shaking (which i frankly don't care) and still a bit of buzzing. My screen was the major reason of wanting an RMA, it was just a little bit of buzzing and the rockers weren't loose enough to get an RMA.

robf94

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I have a rev 11 device and have no buzzing at all.. but im not too sure if its a problem with a particular rev or just random

Mine just arrived today, I have ever so slight buzzing but it's really not noticeable at all, not really even in calls either, I have to be in a silent room. Definitely not worth sending it back/getting a replacement though cause it doesn't bother me at all :) Mine's a rev 11 too

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
i got rev 11 in january (beginning of) and i've heard that the rev 12 on and is the only phone that supports Qi wireless charger (or just a specific one, i'm just saying all wireless charging) so i think it might be rev 12.
Stop making stuff up. People with rev 10 and 11 have been able to use wireless charger. You post the most random things in almost every thread here.

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
honestly the way you worded your post it makes it sound like the nexus 4 doesnt support qi wireless charging unless rev 12 and on... with then a bracketed comment 'or just a specific one. i'm just saying all wireless charging'... very confusing. where the truth is that it does support qi charging and we have seen videos of it working on qi charge pads such as the verizon pad. but on the nokia, it doesnt work... but may on rev 12 hw? we'll see.

Exclusive: Harvey Norman on the Nexus 4 | Ausdroid
stop insulting people without knowing things. And the most random things? rofl. k.
and i said one specific one not all of them if you actually read my post

DrunkFux

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
yea i been trying to find this out as well since i already asked for an RMA... my buzzing was horrendously loud...

But it appears rev 11 is still being shipped...

As for what was stated above regarding the rev12 and qi charging, hes right but the wireless charging always worked except with this specific nokia charger (i dont remember the exact model number) which was showed on many website reviews not to work... basically they fixed that problem so the wireless works with that too... so those who dont have that specific nokia charger... need not worry... not a big deal anyway...

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Bummer on the buzzing. I haven't had any buzzing. I'm revision 10.

The only buzzing I hear comes from the charger after charging my phone I noticed this sound unplugged the charger and it mad a buzzing sound for about two mins then stopped

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I was going to ask this question but i put it off until people actually recieved their phone. Trying to get an RMA and i'd rather have a rev 12 with less problems than having a larger chance to RMA with a rev 11. Got all these white slashes on my screen appearing from time to time, the volume rocker is too loose, there is still the shaking (which i frankly don't care) and still a bit of buzzing. My screen was the major reason of wanting an RMA, it was just a little bit of buzzing and the rockers weren't loose enough to get an RMA.

Wife and I both have r10's; I placed the order within 3 minutes of the first batch going live in the play store.

We use an Eveready 3 station Qi charger and it works perfectly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad