Sync my N4 to my iTunes on a Mac (playlists etc.)

FYourProblems

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I've had my Nexus for about two months and this whole time I've had trouble syncing music. There seems to be no clear easy way to sync playlists and artists etc using a Mac without some trouble. Can somebody help me out? I'm using ISyncr but it's glitchy and a huge pain in the ass. I miss my iPhone because I could quickly make a new playlist plug it in and boom be done with it in a minute.

I tried DoubleTwist which looks promising but since you can't really mount to USB the N4 for whatever reason and we only have MTP it doesn't work.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I've had my Nexus for about two months and this whole time I've had trouble syncing music. There seems to be no clear easy way to sync playlists and artists etc using a Mac without some trouble. Can somebody help me out? I'm using ISyncr but it's glitchy and a huge pain in the ass. I miss my iPhone because I could quickly make a new playlist plug it in and boom be done with it in a minute.

I tried DoubleTwist which looks promising but since you can't really mount to USB the N4 for whatever reason and we only have MTP it doesn't work.

you have to buy the airsync for double twist. which let you sync wireless.

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

Use Google music download to your phone set up on your computer and it'll syncall you music to the cloud then you can set up all your playlist on Google music and it'll keep it synched to the cloud

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

FYourProblems

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
you have to buy the airsync for double twist. which let you sync wireless.

I do this now, this seems to be the easiest solution so far but it's significantly slower than USB, and pretty soon I won't have wifi to sync it through so I want a USB solution

- - - Updated - - -

Use Google music download to your phone set up on your computer and it'll syncall you music to the cloud then you can set up all your playlist on Google music and it'll keep it synched to the cloud

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Will it transfer my iTunes playlists over? Please say yes

JRTStudio

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I have a Nexus 4 and a Mac and syncing works great. I just plug in my phone and iSyncr starts up. I then select some playlists, artists, albums, whatever and press sync.

What seems to be the issue you are seeing?
Do you have Android File Transfer or other MTP software installed?
I'd love to fix this issue.

FYourProblems

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I have a Nexus 4 and a Mac and syncing works great. I just plug in my phone and iSyncr starts up. I then select some playlists, artists, albums, whatever and press sync.

What seems to be the issue you are seeing?
Do you have Android File Transfer or other MTP software installed?
I'd love to fix this issue.

I have Android File Transfer and that always starts automatically, iSync seems to be buggy and doesn't transfer always. I get an MTP error. And additionally, when I'm transfering songs I need to keep the screen from going to sleep because otherwise it stops

JRTStudio

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm. Keeping the screen on is certainly a new one to me. If the screen goes off, MTP should remain active. However, if the screen is off when you plug the device in, that is a different matter.

Just to be sure, I just tested letting my screen turn off (as a developer I usually have the screen on) and did a 5 GB sync.

Can you try uninstalling Android File Transfer and then rebooting the Mac (or alternatively, killing the un-controllable auto launching agent). Then exit iSyncr Desktop and load it again. Does that make a difference? I've not had to do this with a Nexus 4 before, but some Samsung devices are really finicky after ATF has touched them and shutting down ATF's auto launch agent makes things smoother.

David McCallum

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi:

I am in deeper trouble since I cannot use the Google Play application as it says it is not available in my region (Canadian, eh!?),

Of course being lazy the ultimate way to fix this is to burn all my music from iTunes into mp3 format and load them on my PC only. Then transferring would not be an issue.

The "Android File Transfer" software is a joke to me and I have read many users have the same issue where the USB keeps disconnecting -- it continually asks me to replug the device back into my mac. And the songs I loaded seemed to work but, then would not play (99% of the music is DRM free).

Help is appreciated. Should I really buy Airsync Add-on for Double Twist? Only alternative?:-!

Thank you.

sdoo25

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi:

I am in deeper trouble since I cannot use the Google Play application as it says it is not available in my region (Canadian, eh!?),

Of course being lazy the ultimate way to fix this is to burn all my music from iTunes into mp3 format and load them on my PC only. Then transferring would not be an issue.

The "Android File Transfer" software is a joke to me and I have read many users have the same issue where the USB keeps disconnecting -- it continually asks me to replug the device back into my mac. And the songs I loaded seemed to work but, then would not play (99% of the music is DRM free).

Help is appreciated. Should I really buy Airsync Add-on for Double Twist? Only alternative?:-!

Thank you.

I have had not had your experience with the Android File Transfer program. It has worked without issues on my Mac. I don't know enough about the file types that the Nexus 4 can play but are you sure it can play DRM free from iTunes (I have DRM iTunes that doesn't play and MP3 files in iTunes that will play, never tested a DRM free iTunes to see if it would play on the Nexus 4)? Assuming that the Nexus 4 can play DRM free iTunes maybe try reinstalling the Android File Transfer program. If not then it seems AirSync is the only option.