Problem with lock screen after a phone call?

bob_tomatoes

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if there is a problem with my N4... When I am in a call (normall call or skype), the screen turns off after a few second, which I assume is working as intended. However, either during the call or after the call, when I hit the power button to bring up the lock screen, either nothing happens and the screen stays turns off, or the lock screen flickers on for a brief second, then turns off again. This problem persists for about one minute after a phone call, then the lock screen turns back on as normal again.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
The screen should turn off when you bring the phone to your ear and turn back on when you move it away from your face. There is a proximity sensor (look for two small circular shapes) at the top left corner of the screen which controls this functionality.

If your phone is not working this way, it is most likely because you have a screen protector or something else blocking / interfering with the proximity sensor.

habskilla

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
I've had the same issue on and off. Naked screen, no protector.

It's a bit of a pain because it's quite difficult to enter in numbers if you can't wake up the screen.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon