default app "disable" vs titanium backup freezing?

jinjin12

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
what's the difference between freezing an app with titanium backup versus disabling it via the apps option in the default JB settings?

they both seem the same to me, care to explain? i couldn't find anything about the differences on google

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
what's the difference between freezing an app with titanium backup versus disabling it via the apps option in the default JB settings?

they both seem the same to me, care to explain? i couldn't find anything about the differences on google

same!! one need root, the other dont.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Pre 4.0 you couldn't freeze apps in android, you needed a third party program like Titanium. From 4.0 onwards you can do it without installing anything else, although Titanium has many other benefits.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I think disabling only lasts until a reboot, I could be wrong but I do not think it survives a reboot. Freezing stays until you unfreeze. You can also back up the app to you SD card and uninstall (not delete) incase you want to put the apps back on when you sell or send in for warranty.

multo

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
I think disabling only lasts until a reboot, I could be wrong but I do not think it survives a reboot. Freezing stays until you unfreeze. You can also back up the app to you SD card and uninstall (not delete) incase you want to put the apps back on when you sell or send in for warranty.

I think it's the other way around. I used to disable the Google search bar before in my gnex and even after rebooting it stays disabled. Freezing though I'm not sure but when I unfreeze something before after a reboot it I need to do it again. I don't know though if tb is already updated that even a reboot won't change the status of the app that was touched

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

gxgs

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
I think it's the other way around. I used to disable the Google search bar before in my gnex and even after rebooting it stays disabled. Freezing though I'm not sure but when I unfreeze something before after a reboot it I need to do it again. I don't know though if tb is already updated that even a reboot won't change the status of the app that was touched

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
From GB to JB, TB freezes were kept after a reboot, in my case. That includes freezing > rebooting and defrosting > rebooting.