Why did YOU decide to get the nexus 4?

maryjane2300

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Personally I wanted to try pure vanilla android (first time) and the price was amazing for an unlocked non contract device.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
2 reasons for me...first, after owning the Galaxy Nexus, I don't want to ever own a non Nexus device again. I prefer the pure Android, free of carrier crap, and free of carrier interference of Google updates (Verizon is the worst at all of those). Second, I was tired of Verizon prices. Now I'm on a $30 per month plan with great service from Tmo.

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
My note was getting old and I really missed my galaxy nexus that I gave to my gf. And for $350 its hard to pass up. Especially thinking I might be able to get a 6 month old used phone off Craigslist for about that price that doesn't have the specs this phone has.

Jasonr403

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I got mine on t mobile contract for 100 dollars great price awesome phone great specs

boparunsxc

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I've been prepaid ever since owning a phone, and I was getting tired of the poor selection of phones that US prepaid carriers had to offer (my previous phone was an EVO V 4G, pretty much the best prepaid phone available at the time). I wanted to own a top-of-the-line phone without having a huge monthly carrier bill and without having to spend $600+ dollars on it. I thought that the Nexus 4 was too good to be true until I actually held it in my hands and realized that I had just purchased one of the best- spec'd (not to mention gorgeous) phones available for $382 and change. I was a little worried moving from CDMA to GSM, but after having this phone for 3 months I can't say I have any regrets.

Slender Troll

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
My Motorola Photon 4G is practically eol, and I love the latest and greatest in everything. Especially since the Nexus experience is a pure one.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I get a Nexus every year to stay on top of the Android OS along with whatever the latest Galaxy phone is, latest iPhone & usually throw in another device or 2.
Simple as that.

2012 brought me:
-Nexus 4
-iPhone 5
-Galaxy S3
-BB 9360
-Lumia 610

2013 should bring me:
-BB Z10
-Galaxy S4
-iPhone 5S
-Nexus 5
-probably a better WP device

Looking forward to getting started with my shopping list!

maryjane2300

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I get a Nexus every year to stay on top of the Android OS along with whatever the latest Galaxy phone is, latest iPhone & usually throw in another device or 2.
Simple as that.

2012 brought me:
-Nexus 4
-iPhone 5
-Galaxy S3
-BB 9360
-Lumia 610

2013 should bring me:
-BB Z10
-Galaxy S4
-iPhone 5S
-Nexus 5
-probably a better WP device

Looking forward to getting started with my shopping list!

I'll definitely be getting the nexus 5 or galaxy s4 (can't wait for this) but for the 5s? No thanks

pitchersduel

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
as others have said....

price for the unlocked phone, cut my bill in half with the t-mo plan, also needed an upgrade (was still rocking an iphone 4)

chrispher86

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
My Sony Ericsson Xperia Play ran very slow after about 4 months. With limited storage and minimal specs I just couldn't keep it the full 2 years. Besides contact prices are too outrageous. $350 for a top end phone free of carrier bloatware and the latest version of android.. I couldn't pass it up. Saving $50 bucks a month on my phone bill is also a huge incentive.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I got it to try out the S4 Pro on stock.

I got rid of it because it didn't have enough storage. I require at least 20GB of usable space.

Everything else about it was great.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
because of the price, vanilla android, and it looks a lot better than the other android (which I didn't know you could customize it so it looked exactly like the Nexus 4 but whoops)

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Wife needed a bigger phone(GS2 4.3") and liked my GN as a hotspot. I wanted to see the phone even if I won't use it. If I like it I'll order one for myself. Tho I really want LTE and at least 32GB of storage on my next phone.

Kevin Harvell

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Getting it as my daily device so that I can switch to an unlocked GSM device.

Have had my family on USCellular, but since they have sold some markets to Sprint, it was time to start looking at switching and this gives me a great, unlocked, device to start the switch with.

Still trying to decide between T-Mobile and Straight Talk. Leaning more towards T-Mobile for the data speeds.

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Got it for HSPA+ 42 and "LTE" (we'll see how that plays out. I would have kept my Galaxy Nexus but was able to pick up a Nexus 4 from Craigslist back in December for a price I couldn't pass up.

maryjane2300

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Got it for HSPA+ 42 and "LTE" (we'll see how that plays out. I would have kept my Galaxy Nexus but was able to pick up a Nexus 4 from Craigslist back in December for a price I couldn't pass up.

How much? Just curious

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
How much? Just curious

16gb model plus the OEM bumper case for $350 on December 15th. I had bought a Galaxy Nexus on August 8th for $250 and sold it December 21st for $240 which made taking the plunge to upgrade less painful on the wallet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary