Why did YOU decide to get the nexus 4?

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
I get a Nexus every year to stay on top of the Android OS along with whatever the latest Galaxy phone is, latest iPhone & usually throw in another device or 2.
Simple as that.

2012 brought me:
-Nexus 4
-iPhone 5
-Galaxy S3
-BB 9360
-Lumia 610

2013 should bring me:
-BB Z10
-Galaxy S4
-iPhone 5S
-Nexus 5
-probably a better WP device

Looking forward to getting started with my shopping list!

Same here except I sell them all I do still have the iPhone 5 just in case something happens to my n4 cant wait to see what the x phone looks like if its true.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
16gb model plus the OEM bumper case for $350 on December 15th. I had bought a Galaxy Nexus on August 8th for $250 and sold it December 21st for $240 which made taking the plunge to upgrade less painful on the wallet.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

That's actually a good price. Almost wish I paid less on eBay for mine but oh well the seller was great and I got the phone a week after it came out

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I get a Nexus every year to stay on top of the Android OS along with whatever the latest Galaxy phone is, latest iPhone & usually throw in another device or 2.
Simple as that.

2012 brought me:
-Nexus 4
-iPhone 5
-Galaxy S3
-BB 9360
-Lumia 610

2013 should bring me:
-BB Z10
-Galaxy S4
-iPhone 5S
-Nexus 5
-probably a better WP device

Looking forward to getting started with my shopping list!

You must have to wear cargo pants every where you go.. Or carry a man purse?

seinfeld.jpg

AFM1204

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I have never signed a contract for a cell phone and l'm not about to start. The extremely high costs of data plans for smart phones has kept me on the sidelines.

Until now.

I have been using cheap prepaid plans with cheap phones. But the opportunity to get a first rate smartphone for $350 carrier unlocked was too good a value to pass up. Time to break down and buy my first smart phone.

Also, I got a Nexus 7 last summer and I really appreciate the Nexus experience: the most up to date Android software paired with gear that is optimized to run it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Desperately wanted to leave sprint and it was cheaper to buy a nexus 4 than to rebuy a T-Mobile version galaxy s3. Pretty sure I'll be getting the s4 when it comes out though and selling this.

Lucas123Chan

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Originally got my contract with a BB curve 8520. I've been stuck with it for a while, and I was desperate for an upgrade without needing to cancel my contract or add a data plan. This phone was everything I needed for an amazing price

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
My Motorola Photon 4G is practically eol, and I love the latest and greatest in everything. Especially since the Nexus experience is a pure one.

The poor MoPho was EOL'd a long time ago, and Motorola buried the body behind the woodshed when they abandoned the ICS update effort. After that, I swore off branded/skinned phones and knew my next phone would be a Nexus. The price, specs, and everything that comes with an unlocked device were just icing on top of the pure, unadulterated Android cake.

jgreeson25

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Software is where the main improvements year over year are found. Since hardware improvements are starting to plateau, I chose to go the Nexus route to stay up to date with the new software enhancements. I must say that I miss the camera on my prior GSII, but the difference between Touchwiz and stock android compensates for this one fault. Hopefully the next iteration of the Nexus phone will bring with it a superior camera that will make the Nexus phone perfect for my use.

gavo360

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
2 years with iOS and getting bored. Sold my 4s and that has covered the cost of the n4. It's my first android phone and I've got about 9 months left on my contract so if I didn't like android I could always go back to iOS when I renew my contract but so far loving stock android. Don't think I will be going back to iPhone.

siriusnoodles

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Mostly because I'm tired of flashing a ROMs on my Samsung Infuse, which was stolen a few months back, just to have the latest version of Android. It feels so good to be one version ahead of everyone else :)

siriusnoodles

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
2 years with iOS and getting bored. Sold my 4s and that has covered the cost of the n4. It's my first android phone and I've got about 9 months left on my contract so if I didn't like android I could always go back to iOS when I renew my contract but so far loving stock android. Don't think I will be going back to iPhone.

Yeah, I know right? I had an iPod touch 4th gen, and it pissed me off when Apple denied me Siri and voice typing on a software update, and that's why I decided to get a Samsung Infuse as my first Android. Ah, good times, modding my phone just to have the latest and greatest firmware, without any features missing. However, one day, it got stolen, and I was without a phone for 3 months. During that time, I heard about the new Nexus, and I was swayed by its insanely low price and its guarantee to official updates from Google themselves. See, the difference between updates on Android and updates on iPhone is that you don't have features held off on you just because you have older hardware. That's why my Nexus 4 will continue to be my choice phone for a long time to come.

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I know right? I had an iPod touch 4th gen, and it pissed me off when Apple denied me Siri and voice typing on a software update, and that's why I decided to get a Samsung Infuse as my first Android. Ah, good times, modding my phone just to have the latest and greatest firmware, without any features missing. However, one day, it got stolen, and I was without a phone for 3 months. During that time, I heard about the new Nexus, and I was swayed by its insanely low price and its guarantee to official updates from Google themselves. See, the difference between updates on Android and updates on iPhone is that you don't have features held off on you just because you have older hardware. That's why my Nexus 4 will continue to be my choice phone for a long time to come.

What about the Nexus One and Ice Cream Sandwich and the Nexus S and 4.2 though?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

There comes a point when google decides that the phone really cant handle it to the best performance. Atkeast here wheb google says the phone cant do it you know its true unlike verizon or att when its really just they moved on the a new phone

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site

They each got 2 solid upgrades spanning about 18 months:
-Nexus One shipped within ?claire, got Froyo & ended on Gingerbread
-Nexus S shipped with Gingerbread, got ICS & ended on Jellybean
Hopefully the GNex will see an extended update life to 3 OS updates & 2 years.

IMO though after 18mos & 2 OS updates it's done its purpose & ready to pass the torch to the modding communities to extend it further - with Nexus devices that's significantly easier than others.