Still learning Nexus 4, BT routing question

wuman82

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Hello all, I come from the iPhone world and just received my nexus 4 this past friday. So far so good, I'm learning as I go but this thing with BT audio routing I can't figure out so I hope someone here can help me out.

On the iphone, if you are connected to a BT audio device you can quickly select if you want the audio to go to the BT device (i.e. speaker) or to your phone, like this:
airplay-icon-cjr.jpg

airplay-select-cjr.jpg

Is there something like this for jellybean? Thanks.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello all, I come from the iPhone world and just received my nexus 4 this past friday. So far so good, I'm learning as I go but this thing with BT audio routing I can't figure out so I hope someone here can help me out.

On the iphone, if you are connected to a BT audio device you can quickly select if you want the audio to go to the BT device (i.e. speaker) or to your phone, like this:
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.tuaw.com/media/2010/11/airplay-icon-cjr.jpg
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.tuaw.com/media/2010/11/airplay-select-cjr.jpg

Is there something like this for jellybean? Thanks.

there is an issue with BT to audio device in 4.2.1 and it is expected to get a fix in 4.2.2 which will be released soon(few weeks) Android 4.2.2 release date rumored for mid-February or mid-March | BGR

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
there is an issue with BT to audio device in 4.2.1 and it is expected to get a fix in 4.2.2 which will be released soon(few weeks) Android 4.2.2 release date rumored for mid-February or mid-March | BGR

The Bluetooth streaming issue mentioned in the article you linked to is, to the best of my knowledge, isolated to the Nexus 7. I know of no problems with the Nexus 4, but I could be mistaken. I'm using A2DP (the profile which allows audio streaming over Bluetooth) and AVRCP (the profile which allows remote control of audio and video streaming over Bluetooth) without any issue on 4.2.1 on my Galaxy Nexus and two Nexus 4's. In fact, here's the primary listing for this problem on the Android Issues directory . There are many posts stating that the Nexus 4 does not experience the same streaming problems.

The application you're using to play media should give you the option of selecting a playback device. For example, the Play Music application shows a button when successfully paired with an A2DP-capable Bluetooth device, allowing you to switch between the local device's speakers and the Bluetooth device.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech