We are very lucky!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I have. LG, the company that, you know, makes the phone, stated that the Nexus 4 will never have LTE because it is missing hardware. You guys need to do your own research.

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2012/11/lg-explains-existence-of-lte-chip-in-nexus-4/

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Then why does it run on band 4 and has been proven to run on band 4 riddle us that. It has the basic hardware to get the signal and utilize it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Clearly JHBThree doesn't have a Nexus 4 or isn't on a carrier that supports its proven functional LTE so there's no point for us to keep telling him it works.

It has perfectly functional LTE that works on limited carriers, simple as that. Move on.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

nj1266

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Maybe the thread should be called "They are very unlucky!"...I mean it's 2013 and they were still on GB?!
And even now, just ICS after all that wait? Geez
I haven't held a GB device since late 2011...I can't even remember those days

45% of Android devices are still on Gingerbread. Only around 13% have JB. Why are you so surprised? This is part of the course with Android.

Sent from my iPhone 7

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
45% of Android devices are still on Gingerbread. Only around 13% have JB. Why are you so surprised?

I know, just thought people upgraded to newer devices more quickly...
It's ok, 4+ is close to GB's #'s so it's at least a start.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Then why does it run on band 4 and has been proven to run on band 4 riddle us that. It has the basic hardware to get the signal and utilize it.

Read LG's statement. It has the radio and nothing else.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Clearly JHBThree doesn't have a Nexus 4 or isn't on a carrier that supports its proven functional LTE so there's no point for us to keep telling him it works.

It has perfectly functional LTE that works on limited carriers, simple as that. Move on.

Functional and usable/stable are two different things. The nexus 4 will never be officially supported by T-Mobile LTE because it is missing critical hardware.

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Functional and usable/stable are two different things. The nexus 4 will never be officially supported by T-Mobile LTE because it is missing critical hardware.

Who cares about official support. If it gets the speed its still lte get off it. It clearly works what is your problem.

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site

It's fully functional & as stable as the other "officially supported" LTE devices.
Until you use it yourself, there's no point in you continuing to try defending your case.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums on LTE

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
It's fully functional & as stable as the other "officially supported" LTE devices.
Until you use it yourself, there's no point in you continuing to try defending your case.

And that's crazy how u actually OWN THE PHONE and buddy is arguing wit u over the fact smh. U even said u was on lte haha

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

KwietStorm

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I don't know with 100% certainty for myself, but what JHBThree is saying is that the radio in the device basically can connect to LTE by default, because it just happens to play nice with the same band used. That does not, however, mean the Nexus 4 is an LTE device or "LTE compliant." If you overclock your graphics card in your PC, in order to achieve desired frame rates, sharers or what have you, it doesn't mean your setup was made to properly handle the tweak. If hardware isn't there, it just isn't there. You don't have to own it to even know that. Again, the confusion on the topic, along with the "funny" real world results, is where the argument comes from, so I'm not claiming anything one way or the other.

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
His statements are that lte isn't officially supported that's like saying root doesn't exist because its not officially supported.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

No it isn't. It is missing significant pieces of hardware that WILL adversely affect your device over the long run. My nexus 4 is sitting at home waiting for me, since it was just delivered today.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Who cares about official support. If it gets the speed its still lte get off it. It clearly works what is your problem.

Because it is not an LTE device. It does not have an amplifier or other hardware necessary for it to work properly.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
His statements are that lte isn't officially supported that's like saying root doesn't exist because its not officially supported.

Two different things. Root is built into the system as a possibility. The nexus 4 has a vestigial radio that only exists because of the chipset being used, and it is missing other significant pieces of hardware necessary for proper signal.

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Two different things. Root is built into the system as a possibility. The nexus 4 has a vestigial radio that only exists because of the chipset being used, and it is missing other significant pieces of hardware necessary for proper signal.

BUT IT CONNECTS AND IS USED. Why is that so hard for you to accept. Pull the stick out bro.

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
No it isn't. It is missing significant pieces of hardware that WILL adversely affect your device over the long run. My nexus 4 is sitting at home waiting for me, since it was just delivered today.

So you're saying that you, without use of a compatible LTE network for your Nexus 4, know for a fact that it doesn't work as well as another LTE device?
Interesting.
I've used MY Nexus 4 & MY iPhone 5 and can tell you that they both work equally well on Telus / Koodo.

Will it work on Verizon's LTE? No
Will it work on AT&T's LTE? No
But nobody is claiming that.
It DOES work on Telus/Koodo's LTE just as well as an officially supported iPhone 5 & a device that's not supposed to do LTE either - the Xperia Ion.

So in conclusion - does it work on ALL LTE networks? No. Does it work PERFECTLY on certain LTE networks? Yes.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
So you're saying that you, without use of a compatible LTE network for your Nexus 4, know for a fact that it doesn't work as well as another LTE device?
Interesting.
I've used MY Nexus 4 & MY iPhone 5 and can tell you that they both work equally well on Telus / Koodo.

Will it work on Verizon's LTE? No
Will it work on AT&T's LTE? No
But nobody is claiming that.
It DOES work on Telus/Koodo's LTE just as well as an officially supported iPhone 5 & a device that's not supposed to do LTE either - the Xperia Ion.

So in conclusion - does it work on ALL LTE networks? No. Does it work PERFECTLY on certain LTE networks? Yes.

Yes. Because it doesn't have necessary hardware. The nexus 4 is not an LTE device and will never be updated to allow it without hacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance