Does the N4 Come With a Pre-applied Protective Film?

Brevoort

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
This might seem clueless but is there a protective film already applied to the phone as shipped?

I can't tell if what I feel on the edges of the screen is glass or some plastic cover. There looks to be something similar on the back.

But I do not want to go prying it off if it is supposed to remain in place.

I checked the Quick Start Guide but I see nothing about it.

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
This might seem clueless but is there a protective film already applied to the phone as shipped?

I can't tell if what I feel on the edges of the screen is glass or some plastic cover. There looks to be something similar on the back.

It is a protector of sorts its just a thin film that they put on to protect it in shipping you can take it off if you want it wont hurt anything

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Yes, it comes with protective film on the front and back. I removed the one on the front, but kept the one on the back as a simple screen protector (although the bit by the volume rocker is starting to come up slightly, probably because it was designed to be easily removed).

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
The protective film it comes with is NOT intended to be permanent. It's only applied to protect the phone during shipping. The film on the screen may interfere with sensors and touch.

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
The protective film it comes with is NOT intended to be permanent. It's only applied to protect the phone during shipping. The film on the screen may interfere with sensors and touch.

I just got mine and haven't bothered to take it off yet...screen seems very responsive to me...

SOLGarion

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Been a bit since I got mine but. Believe it has film not only on the front and back but also all around the sides.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

sheba510

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I have not taken the plastic film off front or back yet as I wait for TPU case and screen protector to arrive. My Nexus 4 arrived a week early which I am thrilled about but I had nothing for it, including T-mobile microSIM (ordered online). I am even keeping it in the box when I am not using it to prevent breaking front or back glass.

dmcincubus

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I have not taken the plastic film off front or back yet as I wait for TPU case and screen protector to arrive. My Nexus 4 arrived a week early which I am thrilled about but I had nothing for it, including T-mobile microSIM (ordered online). I am even keeping it in the box when I am not using it to prevent breaking front or back glass.

Same here. I did get my Google nexus 4 bumper case today. Which is amazing. The quality is fantastic. Now just waiting for the front and back glass covers. Until then, the protective film that came with the phone for shipping precautions, is staying on the phone.

xstinkyx

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
My rear default protector lasted about three weeks.

My front protector lasted two months. I put it into my jacket pocket one day and it became dislodged. I actually reapplied it and even though there are still slight air bubbles that I can't get rid of (I made several reapplying attempts) the bubbles aren't too much of a distraction and are barely noticeable when the phone is on.

Once it comes off (or I remove it) for good then I'll feel like I have a new phone. Or something like that.

Wireless Gadget

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Film on the fron indicates where the power button, volume rocker (+ & -) is located. I kept both the front and back on mine, I picked up a TPU clear / frosted case and three matt front screen protectors. I also have the Nexus 4 bumper. I finally bought a Roots horizontal leather case. I can switch between the bumper and the TPU case.

Works for me.

taojin

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
The screen protectors that come on the device will absolutely not interfere with any sensors or touch at all! They were placed there to protect the glass from being scratched while in packaging.

fredwardnelson

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

Haven't taken the front or the back off mine, works fine.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Haven't taken the front or the back off mine, works fine.

Same here. Funny thing is the ones from the factory do have cutouts for all the sensors unlike some aftermarket ones I've seen. May not be the best protectors, but I'll keep mine on till it falls off. My gf RAZR m still has the factory one on hers and its going on 5 months now.

17veen

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I still use the film front and back that came with the phone. It does not mess with the screen.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca