Unable to receive texts through Straight Talk on N4

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I just got my N4 up and running on Straight Talk (AT&T side). I went through and made sure all the ARN settings were what they were suppose to be. I can send both picture and non-picture texts fine, but cannot receive either. What do I have set wrong?
Here are my ARN settings.
Name: straight talk
APN: att.mvno
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
User Name: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS proxy: 66.209.11.33
MMS port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
Authentication type: Not set
APN type: Not set
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled (this is grayed out with a check mark in the box)
Bearer: Unspecified

kmcochran

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, your settings are the same as mine. You should be able to receive texts. Have someone try again. Maybe it takes a while to get everything set up on their (ST-ATT) side?

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I found the problem. My Messenger icon is missing so even though the texts are coming in, and I have "Auto-retreive" selected, they do not pop up on my screen. How can I get the icon back on my screen? BTW with the above settings I am getting 5.4mps downloads and 1.3mbs uploads.

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I found the problem. My Messenger icon is missing so even though the texts are coming in, and I have "Auto-retreive" selected, they do not pop up on my screen. How can I get the icon back on my screen? BTW with the above settings I am getting 5.4mps downloads and 1.3mbs uploads.

Never mind. Found it.