I LOVED the Nexus 4, but returning to iPhones for now...

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Apple predicted to lose tablet market share to Android, Windows over the next 4 years - SlashGear
Nope it isn't. A small amount but still confirms it. (Though I would hardly consider those predictions for 2016 very likely.)

Plus: Op-Ed: Apple Losing Market Share With iPhone 5 and iPad Mini Launch

Apple losing market share among non-english speakers (Apple vs Samsung) | SamMobile That too but honestly some of it I don't believe too much.

Deny it if you want but even its a small amount, Apple is slowly losing out. They don't care about market share sure, but it's still there.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Apple is not losing market share.

Only because there's still Windows and BlackBerry out there. Once they are gone, Apple will no longer have an edge on anyone. Android will chip away at them. If you don't think they are losing marketshare, look into the minute details like tablet marketshare. If they weren't nervous by the success of the Nexus 7, they wouldn't have gone against their God (Jobs) by releasing the iPad Mini. You may have false security, but Apple execs are worried about something........

KarlDag

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
So basically you LOVED the phone, but since it isn't an iPhone you had to get rid of it? It isn't the Nexus' fault that Apple is stupid and makes their ecosystem compatible with anything but Apple. But it's cool that they've gotten so many people in their trap so that they no longer have agency.

I'm not bashing you, I'm bashing the idea that we "have so many Apple products" so we'll never support anything else. It's a shame that you LOVE the Nexus 4 but can't use it because Apple is ed. They need to make things compatible

Sent from my Galaxy S3

I think you're looking at this from the wrong angle. I'm not here to "troll" or piss people off. Heck, I actually miss the Nexus. Problem is, it just wasn't as functional as the iPhone for me. I wrote down 6 "categories" of issues I had with it, and you selected the ONE where I said "I have lots of Apple products" and ran away with it.

Fact is, I haven't charged my iPhone since last night around 8pm and it's still at 32% charge with LTE enabled and semi-intensive usage.

I could have lived without the USB audio in my car. That's a small preference I'd have to give up, and use 2 cables - USB for charging and aux for music + lose steering wheel controls.
I could have lived without iMessage, although causing everyone's phone bill to increase would have made me feel bad a little bit.
The Do Not Disturb/Silencify issue was a small thing that's really not that important in the end, people rarely call me after 10pm, and even then, people mostly text me instead of calling nowadays.
I had a HARD time not being able to use my heart monitor when play.google.com states the phone should support Bluetooth 4.0. That's Google being stupid and doing fake advertisement.
I also had trouble with the poor execution regarding iTunes integration.

In the end, I'm still posting here because I want Android. I want it to improve, I want it to challenge Apple and get THEM to improve.

Whenever Google adds support for Bluetooth 4.0 and gives us canadians the option to stream Google Music, my biggest issues will be fixed and I might just decide to swap again in the opposite direction. I'm not an "Apple fanboy", I just want the best possible product for my situation, and so far, Apple has been giving that to me.

Ok, I hear you. Now, I?ve got an even crazier story for you. I?ve had an Android phone since late 2009. I?ve had several different models; and let?s face it, the first few iterations of Android weren?t very good. However, from Gingerbread to the current version, Android has made some incredible strides and is, in many ways, superior to iOS.

One thing that touched a chord with me in your post was that your entire family uses iPhones. You may feel, as do I, that you?re being left out of things (not literally, of course). iOS has PhotoStream, iMessage, and the all-encompassing iTunes. I feel that I am missing out on stuff; especially Photostream. The only time I see the photostream updates is when I use my iPad. In that respect, Apple has done a superb job at creating a market for themselves. They make you want their product, even if it?s not the best.

Don?t get me wrong, Apple makes great stuff. I own a lot of their products, but their phone isn?t one of them. Here?s the crazy part of my story:

Since my entire family uses iPhones, I decided that I would give it a try. Now I would be part of the club. I can use iMessage and PhotoStream. I can finally use FaceTime from a phone ? yay! So, I get the phone, and after about 20 minutes of configuring it, I receive a phone all. The call lasted about 35 minutes, and the quality was terrible. The audio was crackling and choppy and I was told that I sounded like I was on the other side of the room. After that call, I called someone else and the same stuff happened. The call quality was horrible. I knew it wasn?t my service because my S3 works fine (from the same physical location). What could it be? Well, a simple Google search of ?poor iPhone 5 call quality? returned many posts and articles. I wasn?t alone and crazy. The bottom line is that Apple isn?t officially admitting there?s a problem, but if you read closely in the posts, they know there is a problem. Also, I couldn't get used to the small screen size. I know these are only two issues, but they are big issues, at lest for me. Needless to say, I returned the iPhone the next day.

I will continue to use my S3 which I love very much. I love the screen size, the quick processor, removable battery and storage and so many more things. I did want to join the rest of my family and friends and get on the iPhone band wagon, but downgrading wasn?t for me. And no offense to the iPhone people, but at the end of the day, going from a Samsung Galaxy S3 to an iPhone 5 really is a downgrade (one I was ready to accept if I didn't encounter those issues).

Maybe if Apple comes out with a larger screen iPhone and resolves the call quality issue, I will give it a try again. [Although, I wouldn't have to switch if my family and friends all gert Androids - that would be the best outcome] For now, I will stick with an iPad and my S3.

Basically the same thing as me, but inverted. I was willing to "put up" with some of Android's shortcomings (in regards to my general situation) but some of the drawbacks were to hard to justify.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I think you're looking at this from the wrong angle. I'm not here to "troll" or piss people off. Heck, I actually miss the Nexus. Problem is, it just wasn't as functional as the iPhone for me. I wrote down 6 "categories" of issues I had with it, and you selected the ONE where I said "I have lots of Apple products" and ran away with it.

Fact is, I haven't charged my iPhone since last night around 8pm and it's still at 32% charge with LTE enabled and semi-intensive usage.

I could have lived without the USB audio in my car. That's a small preference I'd have to give up, and use 2 cables - USB for charging and aux for music + lose steering wheel controls.
I could have lived without iMessage, although causing everyone's phone bill to increase would have made me feel bad a little bit.
The Do Not Disturb/Silencify issue was a small thing that's really not that important in the end, people rarely call me after 10pm, and even then, people mostly text me instead of calling nowadays.
I had a HARD time not being able to use my heart monitor when play.google.com states the phone should support Bluetooth 4.0. That's Google being stupid and doing fake advertisement.
I also had trouble with the poor execution regarding iTunes integration.

In the end, I'm still posting here because I want Android. I want it to improve, I want it to challenge Apple and get THEM to improve.

Whenever Google adds support for Bluetooth 4.0 and gives us canadians the option to stream Google Music, my biggest issues will be fixed and I might just decide to swap again in the opposite direction. I'm not an "Apple fanboy", I just want the best possible product for my situation, and so far, Apple has been giving that to me.

Basically the same thing as me, but inverted. I was willing to "put up" with some of Android's shortcomings (in regards to my general situation) but some of the drawbacks were to hard to justify.

Android not only challenges Apple, it far surpasses them. YOUR needs are fulfilled with Apple, but the fact is, Android is where innovation is. Apple is where copying is. And I didn't take one thing and ran with it. I anxiously read your post and then stopped after about the 3rd time that you said your Nexus wasn't an iPhone. You should have realized that the Nexus isn't an Apple product. Why did you assume it would be the same experience as your iPhone? I'm happy for you that you like Apple, but it's so old when people say they couldn't deal with an Android not being an iPhone. Give us legit reasons that Android falls short. Don't just say you couldn't handle it not having the Apple Store. You knew that going in.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Apple predicted to lose tablet market share to Android, Windows over the next 4 years - SlashGear
Nope it isn't. A small amount but still confirms it. (Though I would hardly consider those predictions for 2016 very likely.)

Plus: Op-Ed: Apple Losing Market Share With iPhone 5 and iPad Mini Launch

Apple losing market share among non-english speakers (Apple vs Samsung) | SamMobile That too but honestly some of it I don't believe too much.

Deny it if you want but even its a small amount, Apple is slowly losing out. They don't care about market share sure, but it's still there.

You posted op eds. The numbers released last week show that both android and iOS increased their market share in 2012.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

KarlDag

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Android not only challenges Apple, it far surpasses them. YOUR needs are fulfilled with Apple, but the fact is, Android is where innovation is. Apple is where copying is. And I didn't take one thing and ran with it. I anxiously read your post and then stopped after about the 3rd time that you said your Nexus wasn't an iPhone. You should have realized that the Nexus isn't an Apple product. Why did you assume it would be the same experience as your iPhone? I'm happy for you that you like Apple, but it's so old when people say they couldn't deal with an Android not being an iPhone. Give us legit reasons that Android falls short. Don't just say you couldn't handle it not having the Apple Store. You knew that going in.

Battery life? No dedicated messaging system that REALLY supports threaded group messages and that allows for text/images/video messages to be sent free of carrier charges? No working USB audio out (even though it is said to have been implemented in a previous version of JB)? No "start app at startup" or "always keep app running" options? No Bluetooth 4.0 support contrary to what google publicizes?

Has nothing to do with "not being an iPhone" and everything to do with "not being as functional as it could and should be". Not hard to understand.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

He mentioned battery life and bluetooth 4.0, apple tv etc to list 3. I also enjoy my apple tv and airplay from my ipad. Not to mention the Amazon instant video app and two seasons of Falling Skies, come on!!!

Seriously, just as we find the Nexus 4 and other android devices to fit our needs, many others find iOS fits theirs. I understand about the family going iOS...my daughter, my sisters (2), my mother but I have been able to keep my android phone. It is all about which device and OS fits our needs the best as WE define them.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
1. Both my parents, and wife, and mother in law use iPhones to share pictures and send video messages through iMessage. The threaded messaging functionality never worked for me with the Nexus, and they all would have had to start paying for MMS to send them to me... It's just not as functional.
I don't quite get this. If they have iPhones, they must have data of some sort, so why would "paying" for MMS be a big deal? I do understand how seamlessly iMessage works with Apple things, though, so I'll give you that.

2. Battery life. I have to say, the Nexus' was NOT as bad as people say around here, BUT the iPhone 5's battery life still blows it out of the water, all while including LTE which is a big battery hog.
Agreed, while I have no complaints about the battery life on my Nexus 4, my wife can go two days on her iPhone 5 between charges.

3. Although the website said it had Bluetooth 4.0, it really doesn't support it. I use a BT 4.0 heart rate monitor when I go for my runs, and it wasn't supported. Not a deal breaker itself, but annoying.
Actually haven't tried using BT on my N4 yet, so I can't really say much about this one. If you had problems however I'll believe you, since 4.2.2 is supposed to fix BT support.

4. It wouldn't stream audio through USB in my car like iPhones do. I would have had to use Aux line or bluetooth, but aux. loses my steering wheel controls and requires a 2nd cable, and Bluetooth has poor audio quality (in my car at least).
Blame car manufacturers for the lack of audio controls, not Android. iPod functionality has been popular enough for long enough that many manufacturers build in support for it. They're starting to do that for Android now too, but in the mean time you have to find alternate solutions.

5. I have lots of Apple products, including AppleTV and a Mac Mini which uses iTunes to stream movies and music through the house through wifi. There ARE apps like Remote for iTunes and DoubleTwist/AirSync, but they are simply very far from Apple's offering on iOS. Both visually and in functionality.
Sometimes the best device for you is whatever OS/ecosystem you're most invested in. For me, an iPhone would be pointless because I do not have a bunch of Apple products.

6. I use the Do Not Disturb feature on the iPhone. I found Silencify on Jelly Bean which was working very well, I'd have to restart it manually everytime I rebooted the phone and when it closed down... Android should have "Start application at startup" and "Always keep open" options for such apps, I found that was a big thing lacking.
DND is a nifty feature, would be nice to see it implemented into Android. That said, there are probably other apps that do the same thing as Silencify on the Play store. That's the beauty of apps (both Android and iOS); if you don't like one, there's bound to be another out there to try.

This isn't meant as an attack. If Android doesn't work for you, it doesn't work. No point in name calling or bashing. Using Android is accepting some drawbacks in exchange for more control. Personally I can't live with Apple's closed ecosystem, and Android works best for me. Maybe in the future it will work for you. In the meantime, stick with what helps you be productive and enjoy day to day life.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Battery life? No dedicated messaging system that REALLY supports threaded group messages and that allows for text/images/video messages to be sent free of carrier charges? No working USB audio out (even though it is said to have been implemented in a previous version of JB)? No "start app at startup" or "always keep app running" options? No Bluetooth 4.0 support contrary to what google publicizes?

Has nothing to do with "not being an iPhone" and everything to do with "not being as functional as it could and should be". Not hard to understand.

My battery life is fantastic. I've owned a Droid Razr Maxx so I know what good battery life is. I now own the S3, and I am still very satisfied with the battery life. So your battery life issue rings hollow with me. You probably downloaded an app that killed the battery. That's not the Nexus' fault.

As far as the dedicated messaging system: Voxer, Heytell, and probably a handful of others. Just because it looks different than imessage, doesn't mean it's a weakness of Android. You just have to open your eyes and look into it. I know, that's a lot to ask.

As far as USB out and Bluetooth 4.0, I can't speak to the problems on the Nexus 4 because I use a S3 with my stereo in my truck.

Again, half of what you pointed out to "prove your point" are things that you should have known would be different on different platforms. It isn't the Nexus' fault if you're too lazy to do your research. IT also doesn't make Apple superior. It just means that you will never leave your comfort zone to discover bigger and BETTER things because change is hard for you. There are many things Android does that iOS does not. But I do not have to list them because I am smart enough to know what I HAVE TO HAVE in my cell phone, so I stick to what fits my needs. I wouldn't switch to Apple and then whine about them not fulfilling my needs when it is my responsibility as a consumer to look into the product first.

KarlDag

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
My battery life is fantastic. I've owned a Droid Razr Maxx so I know what good battery life is. I now own the S3, and I am still very satisfied with the battery life. So your battery life issue rings hollow with me. You probably downloaded an app that killed the battery. That's not the Nexus' fault.

As far as the dedicated messaging system: Voxer, Heytell, and probably a handful of others. Just because it looks different than imessage, doesn't mean it's a weakness of Android. You just have to open your eyes and look into it. I know, that's a lot to ask.

As far as USB out and Bluetooth 4.0, I can't speak to the problems on the Nexus 4 because I use a S3 with my stereo in my truck.

Again, half of what you pointed out to "prove your point" are things that you should have known would be different on different platforms. It isn't the Nexus' fault if you're too lazy to do your research. IT also doesn't make Apple superior. It just means that you will never leave your comfort zone to discover bigger and BETTER things because change is hard for you. There are many things Android does that iOS does not. But I do not have to list them because I am smart enough to know what I HAVE TO HAVE in my cell phone, so I stick to what fits my needs. I wouldn't switch to Apple and then whine about them not fulfilling my needs when it is my responsibility as a consumer to look into the product first.

This will be my last answer to you because I'm not here to argue iOS vs Android, I'm here to help some people make their decision to get the Nexus 4 or not and give them some insight from my experience.

I did not download apps that killed the battery. The only things I ran constantly were Nova Launcher Prime and Silencify. Actually, as I said, the battery life was GOOD, just still far from Apple's offering, which has been proven on just about every review of the Nexus 4. I'm not trying to put Android down, just stating the fact that the iPhone 5 can last pretty easily up to 2 days with LTE enabled.

Sure Voxer, Heytell, Whatsapp all exist. My point is I shouldn't have to bother to convince friends and family to download and switch to a different messaging app to suit my needs. I can use WhatsApp all day if I want, no one around me will ever answer it, because they don't have it, period. There should be a better system to use to begin with on all Android offerings, one that is more reliable than SMS, works through wifi/data.

Also, who said I was lazy and didn't want to leave my comfort zone? You are a very rude and obnoxious individual trying to bully me online to prove how Android is greater than iOS. Guess what? I already said I love Android and wish to switch again eventually. There are simply too many issues at this point for me to enjoy the switch.

Go ahead and love your Android, I'm not trying to get you to leave it. I actually think it IS great, just needs some core improvements to make the switch easier. That's the beauty of competition, it gets everyone to up their game.

necorbin

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I had to thank AND like your post... It's refreshing to see someone post valid, non-fanboy thoughts on why they chose one platform over another....

To your points, they are all valid. I'm with you on point #4. I wish the car manufacturers would figure out some standard to let all smartphone platforms integrate into the audio....

It is too bad Google Music isn't available in your area yet. I was an itunes diehard, and still use it to buy some songs, but Google Music has become my best friend.

This is why they have the saying, different strokes for different folks... Although, I have a feeling we'll be seeing you back soon enough... I don't see Apple changing the formula too much next go around.

c_hack

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I use both an GNex and iPhone 4s and like to switch between them every few weeks. I have to say that Android has come a long way with phone apps, but as you point out there are always a few differences.

As great as it is to customize by Nexus with Go Launcher, and set up widgets, its not something I'm going to ask my mother to do. She panics at the thought of updating an app. Its also much easier to have the whole family using the same interface. Unfortunately, every android maker has a different one, not to mention launchers. I've used Moto Droids since 2009 and my GNex for a year, but I still can't figure out my wife's Droid Incredible 2 UI - Is HTC making their phones hard to use on purpose.

As far as interoperability outside their ecosystem, anyone that thinks that Android has the advantage needs to open their eyes.
- Apple's BT is compatible with more devices than almost any other phone.
- Most cars now have Apple USB interfaces - that won't work work with Android.
- My Apple TV was easier to set up with my Vizio and Samsung TVs than any other device I've used.
- I buy all my music from Amazon which has a very easy way to load it all automatically into iTunes - Android's got nothing to compare
- DirecTV streams and downloads to my iPad and iPhone - not Android
- my Fitbit BT syncs with my iPhone, not to any Android phone.

Based on all these experiences, I've found its actually Android that's in a walled garden.

Oh, and my 15 months old iPhone just got another update - on the day the update was released. My Verizon "Nexus" is still waiting for JB 4.2 that was released in November.

KarlDag

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I use both an GNex and iPhone 4s and like to switch between them every few weeks. I have to say that Android has come a long way with phone apps, but as you point out there are always a few differences.

As great as it is to customize by Nexus with Go Launcher, and set up widgets, its not something I'm going to ask my mother to do. She panics at the thought of updating an app. Its also much easier to have the whole family using the same interface. Unfortunately, every android maker has a different one, not to mention launchers. I've used Moto Droids since 2009 and my GNex for a year, but I still can't figure out my wife's Droid Incredible 2 UI - Is HTC making their phones hard to use on purpose.

As far as interoperability outside their ecosystem, anyone that thinks that Android has the advantage needs to open their eyes.
- Apple's BT is compatible with more devices than almost any other phone.
- Most cars now have Apple USB interfaces - that won't work work with Android.
- My Apple TV was easier to set up with my Vizio and Samsung TVs than any other device I've used.
- I buy all my music from Amazon which has a very easy way to load it all automatically into iTunes - Android's got nothing to compare
- DirecTV streams and downloads to my iPad and iPhone - not Android
- my Fitbit BT syncs with my iPhone, not to any Android phone.

Based on all these experiences, I've found its actually Android that's in a walled garden.

Oh, and my 15 months old iPhone just got another update - on the day the update was released. My Verizon "Nexus" is still waiting for JB 4.2 that was released in November.

I wouldn't call Android a walled garden. I think it's actually the opposite, it's TOO opened up, if that's possible at all. What I mean is that anybody who THINKS they have programming skills writes half-baked apps for it, and as a result, most apps are not properly designed or thought out.

If anything, Android lacks integration. The OS itself is great, but there should be a way to integrate what you want to it more easily, and in a more "tied-in" fashion. I guess on top of apps they should create "OS extensions", where you could have there extensions (Silencify/Do Not Disturb being an example) where you could attach this to the OS. Starts with it, reboots with it, always on.

The way it's made now you never know when your added functionalities (through apps) will get closed to free up ressources, or maybe you'll just forget to start them up again after a reboot.

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
If you would have purchased an HTC DROID DNA., you wouldn't have faced that disappointment, this is a well built phone not made of glass.

Sent from my Jelly Bean flavored HTC DROID DNA

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I had the Nexus 4 for a few days, but in the end I decided to sell it and got a used iPhone 5 for 450$ (Nexus was 430$ for me, shipping and taxes included).

I actually LOVED the Nexus 4 more than the iPhone, but there were many little annoyances that kept me from really enjoying it:

1. Both my parents, and wife, and mother in law use iPhones to share pictures and send video messages through iMessage. The threaded messaging functionality never worked for me with the Nexus, and they all would have had to start paying for MMS to send them to me... It's just not as functional.
2. Battery life. I have to say, the Nexus' was NOT as bad as people say around here, BUT the iPhone 5's battery life still blows it out of the water, all while including LTE which is a big battery hog.
3. Although the website said it had Bluetooth 4.0, it really doesn't support it. I use a BT 4.0 heart rate monitor when I go for my runs, and it wasn't supported. Not a deal breaker itself, but annoying.
4. It wouldn't stream audio through USB in my car like iPhones do. I would have had to use Aux line or bluetooth, but aux. loses my steering wheel controls and requires a 2nd cable, and Bluetooth has poor audio quality (in my car at least).
5. I have lots of Apple products, including AppleTV and a Mac Mini which uses iTunes to stream movies and music through the house through wifi. There ARE apps like Remote for iTunes and DoubleTwist/AirSync, but they are simply very far from Apple's offering on iOS. Both visually and in functionality.
6. I use the Do Not Disturb feature on the iPhone. I found Silencify on Jelly Bean which was working very well, I'd have to restart it manually everytime I rebooted the phone and when it closed down... Android should have "Start application at startup" and "Always keep open" options for such apps, I found that was a big thing lacking.

The thing I miss the most about the Nexus, and which was the biggest reason I had switched over was the SCREEN SIZE. God I want bigger screen size... and the Nexus' is a beautiful one.

I recognize that Apple needs to step up it's game OS wise. iOS is very dated, I miss widgets, etc. but it also packs in all these little details that make it easy to use. You lose many options, but, as they say, I find that "it just works".

Now, if Android can fix a few of the issues mentionned up here, and if Apple doesn't improve iOS a lot with iOS 7, I think this might be my last iPhone (had the 4S and 3 before), but for now it's just much simpler for me.

EDIT If only Google made Google Music available in Canada my iTunes issues would be fixed almost completely, I'd stream the music through Google. And fix the Bluetooth 4.0 issue... I can deal without iMessage, even if I'd like Android to play nicer with it.

Cool story bro.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Don't know much about the Nexus but I know my s3 can connect to blue tooth devices no problem.

Oh and the whole market share debate:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2012/09/18/android-market-share-q3-2012_n_1893292.html
There hard evidence that Apple has lost almost 2% market share.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

The numbers that references are from September. There were numbers released last week that showed both android and iOS gained share.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
This will be my last answer to you because I'm not here to argue iOS vs Android, I'm here to help some people make their decision to get the Nexus 4 or not and give them some insight from my experience.

I did not download apps that killed the battery. The only things I ran constantly were Nova Launcher Prime and Silencify. Actually, as I said, the battery life was GOOD, just still far from Apple's offering, which has been proven on just about every review of the Nexus 4. I'm not trying to put Android down, just stating the fact that the iPhone 5 can last pretty easily up to 2 days with LTE enabled.

Sure Voxer, Heytell, Whatsapp all exist. My point is I shouldn't have to bother to convince friends and family to download and switch to a different messaging app to suit my needs. I can use WhatsApp all day if I want, no one around me will ever answer it, because they don't have it, period. There should be a better system to use to begin with on all Android offerings, one that is more reliable than SMS, works through wifi/data.

Also, who said I was lazy and didn't want to leave my comfort zone? You are a very rude and obnoxious individual trying to bully me online to prove how Android is greater than iOS. Guess what? I already said I love Android and wish to switch again eventually. There are simply too many issues at this point for me to enjoy the switch.

Go ahead and love your Android, I'm not trying to get you to leave it. I actually think it IS great, just needs some core improvements to make the switch easier. That's the beauty of competition, it gets everyone to up their game.

I'm not bullying you. I am however wondering what the point of this thread is. For you to tell everyone that you love the Nexus 4 more than the iPhone but you are going back to the iPhone so you can send text messages to your family? It's not like you can't send texts to your family from an Android. You just insist on it being done the iMessage way.

I don't care that you prefer iOS. That's what makes the world great. People like different things and you have to go with what you like. The majority of my responses were to people jumping in and acting like they were "defending" you, when my initial post was not meant as an attack. It's just a sad world we live in when you prefer the Nexus 4, but you can't use it because another greedy company has you by the junk and will never let go. Believe me, it will be no different in a few years when you decide to try it again. Android will still be different than iOS. Locking ourselves into one ecosystem and pretending it's "ease of use" is fooling ourselves. That is exactly what these companies want you to believe. People will call me a "fanboy" or whatever and that's okay, but i'm not the one who can't make my own decisions when I find something I prefer over another.